Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

This little gem of a Toyota arrived on my road today; the young lad nextdoor picked it up for scrap money. He's planning on tidying it up a bit and selling it on.
Bonus Saab arse; I nearly got three 'cars you never see any more' in the pic, but that ugly red Nissan thing's in the way of the campervan

20230710_210710.jpg

Saw an absolutely Concord(sic) Ford Granada Scorpio in our local Tesco carpark the other day - didn't realise quite how bit they were

It's an 80s turbo. So it moves like a slug up to about 4k rpm and from there to redline pulls like a freight train. Really tricksy in the snow or anything else slippy, and slow as molasses in and about town. Quite fun though.

It's an 80s turbo. So it moves like a slug up to about 4k rpm and from there to redline pulls like a freight train. Really tricksy in the snow or anything else slippy, and slow as molasses in and about town. Quite fun though.
A friend went to buy one, found it was a bit of a handful so bought an XJS

Just down the road from the summer residence, a very tidy looking Nissan Sentra, pre-1986 version I think. In the UK this was known as the Sunny.IMG_2800.jpeg
Also Ford Orions still exist. Not massively uncommon either, see at least a couple every year. Yet I’ve only ever seen one Sierra over here.
IMG_2766.jpeg

Don't think I've ever seen an estate version of that Nissan.
This is what it looks like from behind, slightly distorted by my wide angle setting on the phone camera. The colour and styling gives a little hint of DeLorean somewhere, of that era. Also just noticed it’s badged as a Datsun on the back, so definitely an early example, or they’ve taken the boot or front grill from another car for spares.

IMG_2801.jpeg

Renault 4 brings back memories of my mother's car. Its gear stick came out of the dashboard and ISTR there were only 3 forward gears, but maybe that was just a family joke.

Meanwhile, spotted this in a pub carpark recently. Didn't get a proper look, but it's LHD. Is it a Saratoga, perhaps? (Distorted image due to cellphone.)

Edit: As you can see, I don't really do cars. When I enlarge the image I can see it says Chevrolet. :facepalm:

Attachments

• car (2).jpg
    car (2).jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Renault 4 brings back memories of my mother's car. Its gear stick came out of the dashboard and ISTR there were only 3 forward gears, but maybe that was just a family joke.

Meanwhile, spotted this in a pub carpark recently. Didn't get a proper look, but it's LHD. Is it a Saratoga, perhaps? (Distorted image due to cellphone.)

Edit: As you can see, I don't really do cars. When I enlarge the image I can see it says Chevrolet. :facepalm:
1958 Chevrolet Impala as my best guess with the continental kit

Definitely a '58 (someone on my street used to have one), but I'm not so good on the optional kit.

The continental kit, I think, is the externally mounted spare wheel / wheel cover and the bumper that runs around it . . . there maybe more to it than that, but a quick google only showed that as the obvious difference from the standard

I often have rich and vivid random dreams about any subject for any reason, and last night I dreamed someone sold me for a very reasonable amount a Citroen DS (aka shark). Only in my dream it looked much cooler still, retro yet futuristic, and definitely a massive bargain. I was chuffed as fuck :)

IMG_2866.jpeg
First Renault 5 of the season. They’re becoming scarce over here, I see more Renault 4s now, probably because the latter have a bit of a cult status and it’s reached the stage where people look after them, while the 5s are still going in the bin. The red bonnet in the foreground is a Mk2 fiesta of similar vintage, with much of the red paint having faded to ‘Vauxhall pink’.

Back
Top Bottom