Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

It was a clean car but very basic; check those wing mirrors and door hinges.
Reviewing the pics, is that a small drip of oil underneath the front in the second pic?

It was a clean car but very basic; check those wing mirrors and door hinges.
Reviewing the pics, is that a small drip of oil underneath the front in the second pic?
Given where it is I think it is unlikely to be from this car. It’s too far forward.

On the subject of Facel Vega as the above prototype is up for auction, we had an HK500 for our wedding car in 1998. :)

Attachments

• 20200404_132154-1.jpg
    20200404_132154-1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200404_132146-1.jpg
    20200404_132146-1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 5
A bit of a mash-up reply, covering the random anecdotes and friendofdorothy ’s bbc car dilemma…a friend’s mother worked for the BBC and had one of those. One day it was realised that no one had arranged a car to pickup Ronnie Corbett, so she was dispatched in her car at the last minute. He was very insulted at the diminutive car and refused to get in.

A bit of a mash-up reply, covering the random anecdotes and friendofdorothy ’s bbc car dilemma…a friend’s mother worked for the BBC and had one of those. One day it was realised that no one had arranged a car to pickup Ronnie Corbett, so she was dispatched in her car at the last minute. He was very insulted at the diminutive car and refused to get in.
No surprise there. There was a small petrol station on the Shirley Road. My ma was queuing for petrol there and he turned up, not expecting to queue with a dont you know who I am attitude.

No surprise there. There was a small petrol station on the Shirley Road. My ma was queuing for petrol there and he turned up, not expecting to queue with a dont you know who I am attitude.
He always seemed OK when I used to see him in Waitrose in Sanderstead.

When he lived near my parents-in-law’s house he was always pleasant when they met him, they said.

Facebook Marketplace has now figured out that I like looking at cars of a certain vintage and has served me up with the following gems today:

Unfamiliar with this model (before my time) but like the style;

79A2A78D-9666-48CA-8682-89A05E18E017.jpeg

Nutty cortina pick-up, a South African import;
62AE8E29-0C2B-4B6E-A1F2-ED2C82848166.jpeg

Pleasingly underwhelming Triumph Acclaim.
6635716A-CD4C-4D46-9FF7-B4113853EEF3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom