Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

I think I'm probably going to need someone else to tell me what this car is as I've had a quick look around and came up empty. Captured at the top of Crystal Palace park this eve, this was the only decent shot I got of it before it sped off.unknwon_cabriolet.jpg

I think I'm probably going to need someone else to tell me what this car is as I've had a quick look around and came up empty. Captured at the top of Crystal Palace park this eve, this was the only decent shot I got of it before it sped off.View attachment 308112
It’s either an Alfa or Lancia. Most likely an Alfa. It has a Pininfarina badge on it. Pinin did a coupe like this for both companies. The wheels should be marked by the manufacturer‘s name stamped on them.

It’s either an Alfa or Lancia. Most likely an Alfa. It has a Pininfarina badge on it. Pinin did a coupe like this for both companies. The wheels should be marked by the manufacturer‘s name stamped on them.

Thanks - knew I'd heard of that badge somewhere before. Looks like this is an Alfa Romeo Guilletta Sprint then with those distinctive indicator lights.

Given the silly money being paid for modern classics that looks a good price. Only a 2litre though but low mileage. That said, I'm out.

What’s the cream thing lurking in the background? Looks like a Renault badge.
Fiat 124/128 or a Lada. Possibly a R4 but I don‘t think so. The R4 didn’t have overriders

eta looking again, and expanding the pic, it isn’t a Renault. Badge is wrong shape.

Spent many weeks in the back of a Bedford CF2 of precisely that vintage travelling to gigs home and abroad. Memories include a few breakdowns, running out of fuel in Kent having had to come over on the ferry almost empty due to a leaking fuel tank (actually coasting onto the forecourt of a petrol station but still needing to wait several hours for the RAC to come out and reprime the engine), being told off by various nationalities of police for riding in the back sat on top of equipment, including half a dozen occupants having to walk across a snow-covered Czech border before hastily reboarding half a mile down the road etc. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom