Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Couldn’t believe I hadn’t noticed this one as it’s virtually next door. Couldn’t get great pics as didn’t want to walk into their car port

View attachment 307008View attachment 307007
It has a significant problem. The carbs are mounted on rubber. This perishes. When this happens petrol is squirted onto a hot exhaust manifold. The fire is behind your head.

That aside they're great cars, especially the 914/6.

It has a significant problem. The carbs are mounted on rubber. This perishes. When this happens petrol is squirted onto a hot exhaust manifold. The fire is behind your head.

That aside they're great cars, especially the 914/6.
Interesting! Cars are like sofas to me, I appreciate their utility and admire their design and engineering on occasion, but have no knowledge of how they’re built or maintained.

Interesting! Cars are like sofas to me, I appreciate their utility and admire their design and engineering on occasion, but have no knowledge of how they’re built or maintained.
Cars are like sofas eh?

dsc_7754.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I remember seeing the beast at the Sussex county show in the 70's. not sure it was the Mk1 or the Mk2. 27 of your first European Litres.

I remember it didn't have a body shell at that stage, although I think it was before RR sued him to make him take the spirit of ecstasy off it

I have memory of him at the show telling the compere he used to take it on the ferry to the continent to race cops and embarrass Ferraris (probably not true)

1642874356247.png1642874433415.png1642874734427.png

His Mk3 was arguable more tasteful / less tasteless
1642874682072.png

Actually - afraid the beast is an invalid entry.
It is still taxed !!
1642875829176.png

Last edited:
I remember seeing the beast at the Sussex county show in the 70's. not sure it was the Mk1 or the Mk2. 27 of your first European Litres.

I remember it didn't have a body shell at that stage, although I think it was before RR sued him to make him take the spirit of ecstasy off it

I have memory of him at the show telling the compere he used to take it on the ferry to the continent to race cops and embarrass Ferraris (probably not true)

View attachment 307028View attachment 307029View attachment 307033

His Mk3 was arguable more tasteful / less tasteless
View attachment 307032

Sorry, that estate is gorgeouos.

not sure it would in my drive though,

I have seen it and no, not even I would go for that.
Wasn't Dodds sued by Rolls Royce over his use of an RR radiator on it?

There’s a late 70s or early 80s pastel yellow Opel kadett I see around town here from time to time. I’ll get a snap of it for this thread one day.

Back
Top Bottom