Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

A blue Citroën C1 on a 71 plate. Driving very far into the left, to allow people who weren't trying to do 100mpg to pass.

A friend had a 2CV in Germany, it was RHD. His party trick was to drive through the town with him standing with his head through the sun roof on the (in Germany) driver's side, whilst a colleague crouched low in the seat driving it. :)

I used to know someone who had a Citroen Renault 4 CV (had got the idea that like the 2 CV it was Citroen)

420px-4cvfront.JPG

(not this one)

Last edited:
I used to know someone who had a Citroen Renault 4 CV (had got the idea that like the 2 CV it was Citroen)

420px-4cvfront.JPG

(not this one)
The two chevaux was for the two cylinders. I’ve heard is claimed that the Citroen 2CV engine was pretty much an exact copy of a Pre-war Jowett engine.

I have found the secret button. :)

the display can alternate between -

a bad estimate of how many miles' worth of fuel i have left (which is what i was used to)

a very bad estimate of MPG

a cumulative mileage (although no idea since what)

an MPH figure (presume an average over some unspecified amount of time)

the date (at least this is correct so i've stuck with that)

i suppose i ought to re-read the instruction book one of these days - there's still a few buttons that i don't really know what they do. i bought it in a bit of a hurry a few years back when previous car got stole and written off...
It's on the end of one of the steering column stalks, isn't it? I "discovered" that one accidentally on a C3 owned by someone I knew.

Not many Citroen Xantias have survived in running order. That crazy hydraulic suspension didn’t help. Prone to breaking and expensive to fix because it wasn’t easy to work on, or so I was told many years ago by a Xantia owner whose 5 year old car was already causing trouble.

I always did like the shape though. Like a French designer had pondered a wedge of cheese over lunch, then doodled a wedge shaped car which somehow got built.

This one is listed for a princely £800 asking price, available in Gävle, Sweden

View attachment 303843
View attachment 303844

I always felt it was like a smoothed out and more basic looking version of the XM. I would have loved to own an XM:

1200px-1989_Citroen_XM_Nuccio_Bertone.jpg

I meant to post these when I saw them in our local Morrisons

The blue panel van was concord(sic)

Attachments

• IMG_2091.JPG
    IMG_2091.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2092.JPG
    IMG_2092.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2093.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2096.JPG
    IMG_2096.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2097.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 7
Was talking about ugly cars last night and the infamous 1st gen Fiat Multipla - an ingeniously conceived environmental project, as you'd rather walk than be seen in one - and I realised I haven't seen one in years at this point. I miss their ugly little bullfrog faces! :(

Back
Top Bottom