Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

There's been a planning application put in recently for a plot near me which was completely overgrown.

They've cut back all the vegetation and this has now become visible.

Looking at the DVLA website the tax expired on 31st August 1987 and the last V5 was issued 1998.
If that were a cooper, people would be fighting over it, offering thousands ( remember the wreck on bangers and cash).

If that were a cooper, people would be fighting over it, offering thousands ( remember the wreck on bangers and cash).
If that's the Auction House programme then I think I remember it.

A few months ago, when they started cutting back the undergrowth (including a thick hedge), I caught a glimpse of this mini so I've been keeping an eye on it as they've slowly cleared everything away. After they cleared everything it was a bit disappointing to see the state of it. I know it's only a basic mini but it's a shame to see it in such a poor state. My first two cars were minis so I have a sentimental attachment to any older minis. I did think about "rescuing" it but I have no where to put it, even if I knew who owned it. It's been sat there for a while now. I hope someone has plans for it.

I've got a C1 hire car at the moment. It's like a real Mini, it's quick and nimble. I recently got up to 78mpg one day, and 100mpg another. It's tiny, but has a bit of a proper, but modern, Citroën.

Was at Retromobile in Paris early last year and there was a company doing Mehari kits for 2CVs. Kind of like the idea of one for that eventual (if possible) place in the sun. :D

I've got a C1 hire car at the moment. It's like a real Mini, it's quick and nimble. I recently got up to 78mpg one day, and 100mpg another. It's tiny, but has a bit of a proper, but modern, Citroën.
Just driving back from N Berwick. This is my fuel consumption according to the car info screen.

20211230_154357.jpg

I'm impressed.

If you passed a white Hyundai i30 being driven by a white haired chap with a beard, it was me. We were giving the car its exercise in that airt this afternoon. :)
What time? I was heading towards Aberlady and Haddington, about 15:15 - 15:30

My C3 has started showing the MPG (I'm not sure how I have set it to do that, or how to un-set it...)

I have found the secret button. :)

the display can alternate between -

a bad estimate of how many miles' worth of fuel i have left (which is what i was used to)

a very bad estimate of MPG

a cumulative mileage (although no idea since what)

an MPH figure (presume an average over some unspecified amount of time)

the date (at least this is correct so i've stuck with that)

i suppose i ought to re-read the instruction book one of these days - there's still a few buttons that i don't really know what they do. i bought it in a bit of a hurry a few years back when previous car got stole and written off...

Not many Citroen Xantias have survived in running order. That crazy hydraulic suspension didn’t help. Prone to breaking and expensive to fix because it wasn’t easy to work on, or so I was told many years ago by a Xantia owner whose 5 year old car was already causing trouble.

I always did like the shape though. Like a French designer had pondered a wedge of cheese over lunch, then doodled a wedge shaped car which somehow got built.

This one is listed for a princely £800 asking price, available in Gävle, Sweden

84F7191D-F65E-4A6E-9E19-0B1AB37A67DD.png
6A40B028-C5BA-40CF-A9A9-5E1925BC1B5F.png

Back
Top Bottom