Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Not sure of the vintage

No, xSJ is one of the ranges of registration numbers that was never used first time round (Bute were still working their way through the two letter SJ 1234 range when the year suffix came in) so was released by DVLA in relatively recent years.

Car either wasn't new in GB, or has lost its original registration somewhere along the line (either someone sold the original number, or a previous owner wanted to keep the number but not the car, or it fell out of the system and a new owner didn't jump through all the hoops to prove it really was the car they said it was.)

And those number plates just don't quite look right for the era (although I know DVLA are awkward about these things - on my previous car, having the original early 90's plates was acceptable, but when one needed replacing, I had to get one with the newer style typeface.)

The odd bit of trim on the rear door (looks like it was intended for two tone paintwork) suggests it's a 1959-61 Farina

On a tangent, we saw no Cambridge's yesterday, nor princess's.
Inc. IMG_20211112_143933_hdr.jpgIMG_20211112_144028_hdr.jpg
Also
"Moving on to the categories judged today at the NEC Classic Motor Show, first it is Best Small Club Stand. Our team was most impressed by the efforts from both the Austin A30-A35 Owners’ Club and the Wolseley Register, but our third finalist and the winner in this category took it up a gear."

This Lancia is gorgeous even though they only came with tiny engines
th

However, it is surely trumped by this 1992 Lancia Hyena Zagato
lancia-other-models-S3781709-5.jpg

lancia-other-models-S3781709-2.jpg
lancia-other-models-S3781709-9.jpg

I have a great friend who looks a bit like this, and can be just as pompous. Lovely bloke though, he'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

one or two workplaces ago, our department manager was referred to by a few people as 'captain mainwaring' (more for his approach to life rather than appearance.)

Back
Top Bottom