Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British holiday park identified ‘people with Irish accents’ as ‘undesirable guests’

I know they have a bad reputation and why. But, just so we're clear, are you saying it's OK to discriminate against a while ethnic group because of the behaviour of some members of it?
Pretty much if a bikers group turned trashed a joint you wouldn't have them back.
Or any other large group that's clearly identifiable.
Nobody's picking on travellers because they are travellers.
They get picked on because of the behaviour of previous groups.
Like UK football fans abroad or in general it's not because they are footy Dan's it's because of hooliganism.
Been barred from pubs as a squaddie same thing.

Pretty much if a bikers group turned trashed a joint you wouldn't have them back.
Or any other large group that's clearly identifiable.
Nobody's picking on travellers because they are travellers.
They get picked on because of the behaviour of previous groups.
Like UK football fans abroad or in general it's not because they are footy Dan's it's because of hooliganism.
Been barred from pubs as a squaddie same thing.

Of course I wouldn't have those bikers back. But it wouldn't justify banning all bikers. (Not that the analogy is good; travellers have a protected characteristic and suffer terrible discrimination.)

And what you're talking about does amount to banning travellers because they're travellers (based on a prejudice about how travellers behave).

I think you should fuck off, and have a long hard think.

Worth reading on from that post, there's plenty more - this one is a real highlight The Taliban taxi drivers of London ... this reads like a Chris Morris spoof...
Fuck-ing Hell!

So this racist poster can explicitly advocate genocide, and be free to keep posting for another decade? Then post more unapologetic racism, and only gets banned from one single thread. Not even a temp ban?

How does that stack up with what it took another poster to get a warning points ban last week?
Fuck this.

Not sure we should blame the moderation. It may not have been reported. Sometimes egregiously offensive things don’t cos everyone assumes it will have been reported by someone else

Yep, that's happened with Detroit City who got banned for 'persistent anti-semitism' last year, after apparently being at it for years, but his posts hadn't been reported, and the small team of mods do not have all seeing eyes.

Not sure we should blame the moderation. It may not have been reported. Sometimes egregiously offensive things don’t cos everyone assumes it will have been reported by someone else
Yeah, maybe. I didn’t see the original thread before, and I think people seemed less inclined to report, even really serious racism, than they are now.

I am surprised that he only got a thread ban for today, though.

Today's anti-Traveller racism is from repeat offenders the Hull Daily Mail

Oh no! The Travellers have ruined this couples special day! I'll read the rest so I can become even more enraged. Now I'm confused - the article says they booked the venue and paid the deposit, not knowing the company was already dissolved, so nothing to do with Travellers :confused: Nor does the article provide any evidence that the static caravans, that appeared after the booking was made, have anything to do with Travellers at all :hmm: Still, it reinforces everything I 'know' about Travellers, so no matter :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom