Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British holiday park identified ‘people with Irish accents’ as ‘undesirable guests’

why not other irish names then? rather than the ones mainly identified with travellers? fucking smart cunt
what i am saying, and i don't think it's controversial, is that while pontins may have targeted travellers, they cast their net rather wider, so - as weepiper said - directly discriminating against travellers, their main target, and indirectly against irish people.

when you say anti traveller bigotry is something else, then argue that its not anti traveller bigotry in post after post, that in itself is anti traveller bigotry.
please show me where i have said it's not anti-traveller bigotry

e2a i think you have in mind the post where i say
when it says 'people with irish accents' i'm inclined to think it means 'irish' rather than just 'traveller'
i expressed myself in retrospect clumsily. what was going through my mind was that while their main target was travellers they'd cast the net much wider which would clearly catch a lot of other people. if you understood me to say it wasn't anti-traveller bigotry, i didn't mean it to say or imply that.

when you say anti traveller bigotry is something else, then argue that its not anti traveller bigotry in post after post, that in itself is anti traveller bigotry.

or somebody who thinks they are a very clever pedant but who hasnt done the reading and doesnt give two fucks about the travellers, or irish, or any fucker else, just trying to make themselves look smart on the internet.
Pickman's model is making the exact same point that I made in post #7 which you liked.
I think you're seeing stuff that ain't there tbh.

or somebody who thinks they are a very clever pedant but who hasnt done the reading and doesnt give two fucks about the travellers, or irish, or any fucker else, just trying to make themselves look smart on the internet.
i'm sorry, i missed this addition to your post before.

i'd be the first to admit i don't know much about travellers. but i see discrimination like this, be it aimed at travellers or at irish people or at any other group, as vile racism. for you to say i don't give a fuck about the irish or travellers or any other group suffering racism is a low lie, as anyone who knows what i have done in real life (and there are a number of people on urban who do) can confirm. i don't think i'm a very clever pedant, and i certainly haven't split hairs on this thread as far as i can see.

As my Dad just wrote to me (he is on the list), "If you are familiar with Pontins accommodation ,you would find it hard to believe that Irish travellers would want to stay there ?"
to which my sister replied that even pontins seems like a plan right now. Until it was pointed out, not for her it wasnt.

Back
Top Bottom