Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British holiday park identified ‘people with Irish accents’ as ‘undesirable guests’

I'm barred from Pontins (yes I appreciate the seriousness of the anti Irish and anti Traveller prejudice but I am quite amused to be barred from fucking Pontins)

A0aeU22n4ioR.gif

Already a thread -

Also, on the main Pontins thread -

And, why is this posted in the WORLD politics forum? :confused:

I was aiming for British politics, but these things happen.

Pontins are cunts, but even I was surprised at how low this was, when I posted about it this morning on the main Pontins hellhole watch thread.

It's directly aimed at Travellers. The employees were told to listen for accents and check addresses. There's also English Romany names on the list. It has been going on for ages - Butlins also. Many campsites also have discriminatory policies banning Travellers, sometimes worded to avoid prosecution, for example not accepting certain makes of caravan favoured by Travellers, and sometimes just blatant No Traveller signs.

Many campsites also have discriminatory policies banning Travellers, sometimes worded to avoid prosecution, for example not accepting certain makes of caravan favoured by Travellers, and sometimes just blatant No Traveller signs.
It used to be done by banning caravans over a certain age, but then other people got into vintage vans and it’s no longer a reliable indicator.

It's directly aimed at Travellers. The employees were told to listen for accents and check addresses. There's also English Romany names on the list. It has been going on for ages - Butlins also. Many campsites also have discriminatory policies banning Travellers, sometimes worded to avoid prosecution, for example not accepting certain makes of caravan favoured by Travellers, and sometimes just blatant No Traveller signs.
Yeah, I’ve seen pubs in South East London with those signs on the door

No double axles.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve seen pubs in South East London with those signs on the door
Pubs and other businesses with discriminatory policies are being increasingly challenged by activists from Gypsy and Traveller communities, who could do with a bit of solidarity tbh.

Et45ZKAWgAI_CCS.jpg 0_WhatsApp-Image-2019-12-09-at-134746jpeg.jpg 33996_411626998603_2969355_n.jpg

That last one is a petrol bomb launched a caravan with a child asleep inside. This stuff happens everyday. The suicide rate for Irish Traveller men is seven times higher than the general Irish population. Statistics aren't available in the UK, but are likely to be similar. Just about every Gypsy or Traveller family I know has lost someone and a good part of that is down to the relentless torrent of hate speech and discrimination they've been subjected to throughout their lives :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom