Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fans drinking pints of St Crispin's Ale in the stands. :thumbs:

Actually, there should be a line of Brexit branded beers:

'Drink 52% - guaranteed free movement!'
Old Barnier's Backstop
mv4 IPA

A quart of Democracy’s Downfall barkeep.

Brexit: Donald Tusk suggests "flexible" delay of up to a year

European Council president Donald Tusk has suggested offering the UK a "flexible" extension to Brexit of up to a year, with the option of leaving earlier if a deal is ratified. He said there was "little reason to believe" a Brexit deal would be approved by the extension deadline UK PM Theresa May has requested - 30 June. Writing to EU leaders, he said any delay should have conditions attached.

Statement of the bleedin' obvious...

It doesn't matter how long a delay he gives her, She will waste all but the last week of it trying to get "her" Deal through, it's going to be like Groundhog Day the same damn thing over and over again, unless something external happens to change the HoC arithmetic then this Mexican standoff will continue.
I have this mental vision of Tusk frantically mouthing "Tell Her I'm Not In" every time his secretary picks up the phone.

It doesn't matter how long a delay he gives her, She will waste all but the last week of it trying to get "her" Deal through, it's going to be like Groundhog Day the same damn thing over and over again, unless something external happens to change the HoC arithmetic then this Mexican standoff will continue.
I have this mental vision of Tusk frantically mouthing "Tell Her I'm Not In" every time his secretary picks up the phone.
Feed may to the groundhogs

Well I will always associate her with a shower forever now.

i already do

131729010-ruthcabinet-NEWS_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnQSfWb85vljghMlIYmeE7TlaTMTxUhlzF8Rkw038U-A.jpg

If the extension lasts beyond December then she is vulnerable to a VONC again.

If the extension lasts beyond December then she is vulnerable to a VONC again.
That's a VoNC as leader of the Tories. She/her government is also, in theory, vulnerable to a VoNC at any time.

But despite littlebabyjesus saying it would be sensible to have an election, there seems not to be a majority for such a thing either in the party or the HoC as a whole

That's a VoNC as leader of the Tories. She/her government is also, in theory, vulnerable to a VoNC at any time.

But despite littlebabyjesus saying it would be sensible to have an election, there seems not to be a majority for such a thing either in the party or the HoC as a whole

I can believe there isn't a majority on the tory benches for a general election but in the house as a whole? Party discipline would have had to break down to an astonishingly low level for both the tories and Labour to whip for the same outcome and still lose. Doesn't sound likely to me.

Gaining traction!

Go on, posh ladies of the shires...get a spunking cock on yer ballot paper...that's the spirit!

View attachment 167182

There is of course nothing like a show of petulance to demonstrate the rectitude of one’s position, and additionally I heartily commend to all the idea that those people who would otherwise vote for an anti-EU candidate should spoil their ballots. Take back control of the toyless pram.

If may called a general there is no way she wouldnt get the votes to push it through.
I agree, but as the context made clear, I'm talking about forcing a GE through a VoNC. There wasn't a majority for that last time and it's difficult to see that happening anytime in the future.

Back
Top Bottom