Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Must admit, I'm genuinely confused as to the game Labour are playing. Now making noises about supporting May's deal, along with a yes we will/yes we won't strategy on a second ref.
Angry Labour activists threaten European election campaign boycott
I realise they might be playing games with May and seeking to wind up the ERG, but there isn't much here that hints at a coherent strategy or position of principle (shocking), particularly when you factor in the leaflet that came and went this week.

https://www.politico.eu/article/poll-majority-of-brits-think-brexit-referendum-was-a-bad-idea/

Disappointed by that. To get where EUrope was/is off the mandate of the Common Market referendum is wrong. And I think people forget how much of a struggle getting public consultation actually was.

It has been devicive sure,and brecht badly hanfled but it's also highlighted how out of their depth our polticans AND media are...Which,moving forward I'd say is better to know and address

Some alarming figures on C4 news about the extent to which a combination of cuts to local government and parents' low-wages is impacting on primary school children.Accounts of 85 per cent of schools having to provide food and or clothing and soap to kids before they could even think of trying to teach them anything.Kids rummaging in bins for food or in the lunch-boxes of fellow pupils,kids in ludicrously over-crowded flats,kids coming in with apparent rat-bites,kids aged seven with black teeth.This is unprecedented in the recent past is it not.Some will say Brexit will make the situation worse not better-seems to me it has to be tried.

Last edited:
Must admit, I'm genuinely confused as to the game Labour are playing. Now making noises about supporting May's deal, along with a yes we will/yes we won't strategy on a second ref.
Angry Labour activists threaten European election campaign boycott
I realise they might be playing games with May and seeking to wind up the ERG, but there isn't much here that hints at a coherent strategy or position of principle (shocking), particularly when you factor in the leaflet that came and went this week.
There isn't actually anything in this piece is there? It's just the observers weekly 'try to bounce labour into supporting a second referendum' column.

She’s united the nation!
57525ab1-e026-4d68-9f76-40c6000a7730-jpeg.165209

View attachment 165209

i might be on my righteous horse here but the notion of "national humiliation" in this is bullshit...reeks of pushing our weight around on the world stage and saving face against those euurghopeans. Most of that 90% will be voting Tory AGAIN at the next election.

Point I was making about National Humiliation earlier in the year made a lot better here:
Brexit Britain is wallowing in dangerous talk of national humiliation | Fintan O’Toole

National Humiliation is just National Arrogance feeling sorry for itself

It's a bit odd that despite acknowledging that the feeling of 'national humilation' is held widely by both leavers and remainers, the rest of the article solely discusses it in terms of Brexiters. There is absolutely no reflection of it's implication for remainers, despite being a big part of the arguments of a number of prominent hard remainers (see all the talk of national act of self-abuse, Britain diminishing it's role in the world, giving up global leadersgip etc)

You can bet any post-brexit fuckery will be cast as entirely the fault of the inflexible and arrogant EU. No chance that the populist gonk at the helm then will take any blame for it.

You can bet any post-brexit fuckery will be cast as entirely the fault of the inflexible and arrogant EU. No chance that the populist gonk at the helm then will take any blame for it.
So Boris "Fuck Business" Johnson will emerge entirely unscathed? I think not, mind you I thought Bloombergs video accusing Farage of insider trading would have been facebook shared to death doing in the euros.

Back
Top Bottom