Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No one can ignore Nigel. Not that he amounts to much. Keep giving him coverage. Dickheads certainly, clueless not so much I'm sure you are right.

Wrt to the BBC I feel that you give them to much slack, they know what they are doing.

You really think the BBC is pushing a far right agenda, when Mark Thompson its former D/G wrote that they(the BBC) had promoted a socially liberal agenda that was not universally shared by viewers.

You really think the BBC is pushing a far right agenda, when Mark Thompson its former D/G wrote that they(the BBC) had promoted a socially liberal agenda that was not universally shared by viewers.
There is no contradiction between being socially liberal and economically conservative or neoliberal - it has been, until recently, the position of most Western governments. Even some of the “new right” and “populists” profess social liberalism - often as a further weapon to demonise Muslims. The BBC is the channel of the establishment. The default position of the major factions of the British establishment has for a long time been mild social liberalism as a fig leaf for vicious neoliberal economics.

This might be a stupid question and I have been fucked for like 4 days, however why do people think voting for a pro Brexit MEP will get them the Brexit they want?

Will the MEP's have any influence on anything other than pissing all over the table in Brussels, (assuming we get to that stage)

It’s to
a) send a message to the UK government that the public still want to leave (though might not show this)
b) to stick MEPs in the European Parliament that can be disruptive out of spite, so as to punish the EU for not letting the UK have cake and eat it.

Of these, a) will probably happen as the ‘remain’ ticket is divided and the most pro-EU voices aren’t the sort of people most could stomach voting for.

It’s to
a) send a message to the UK government that the public still want to leave (though might not show this)
b) to stick MEPs in the European Parliament that can be disruptive out of spite, so as to punish the EU for not letting the UK have cake and eat it.

Of these, a) will probably happen as the ‘remain’ ticket is divided and the most pro-EU voices aren’t the sort of people most could stomach voting for.

That's what i mean tho, it won't change anything will it, but see lots of people assuming if they get Breixt MEP's they will get what they want :confused:

This might be a stupid question and I have been fucked for like 4 days, however why do people think voting for a pro Brexit MEP will get them the Brexit they want?

Will the MEP's have any influence on anything other than pissing all over the table in Brussels, (assuming we get to that stage)
we'll be very lucky if the next crop of meps have the wherewithal to successfully piss on tables in brussels

Back
Top Bottom