Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
_106287100_de27.jpg

The moment when "that guy" joins the conversation at a party and everyone stops talking :(

May's deal or revoke. Probably May's deal I think.
If the DUP do what they say they'll do, they'll put revoke ahead of May's deal. That leaves it in Labour's court, just about. In that situation, if every Labour MP voted 1. Labour deal 2. Revoke, then one of those two should get through.

Last edited:
If the DUP do what they say they'll do, they'll put revoke ahead of May's deal. That leaves it in Labour's court, just about. In that situation, if every Labour MP voted 1. Labour deal 2. Revoke, then one of those two should get through.
Dont want to get too ahead of ourselves, but if Labour Deal (which means CM2) or Revoke won, how are the Tories going to implement that?

LOL

Dont want to get too ahead of ourselves, but if Labour Deal (which means CM2) or Revoke won, how are the Tories going to implement that?

LOL
If that is CM2, which I hope it is (as in it includes a largely preserved freedom of movement and means scrapping the settlement scheme), it's actually the easiest brexit to implement, practically speaking - certainly loads easier than May's thing. Revoke, meanwhile, is really really easy to implement. Can do it in an afternoon. ;) As for the political practicalities, well that's their problem.

I'm keeping my money firmly in my pocket, but I'd be betting first on something like CM2 and second on Revoke at this moment. Thing with Revoke is that on the day it happens, it may feel momentous, but we'll all wake up the next day to find that its only effect is that nothing has changed. I would predict brexit dying with a whimper rather than a riot in such an eventuality.

And then only in favour if it's not a final vote, so if there was to be further debate he could vote aye.

If that is CM2, which I hope it is (as in it includes a largely preserved freedom of movement and means scrapping the settlement scheme), it's actually the easiest brexit to implement, practically speaking - certainly loads easier than May's thing. Revoke, meanwhile, is really really easy to implement. Can do it in an afternoon. ;) As for the political practicalities, well that's their problem.

I'm keeping my money firmly in my pocket, but I'd be betting first on something like CM2 and second on Revoke at this moment. Thing with Revoke is that on the day it happens, it may feel momentous, but we'll all wake up the next day to find that its only effect is that nothing has changed. I would predict brexit dying with a whimper rather than a riot in such an eventuality.
I wasnt clear, I meant how will May implement it without having her party kick her out before she finishes uttering the words! Fact is no Tory party leader would be allowed to implement what would be seen as a Labour plan, and against the stated party membership. Now that would be a constitutional crisis if it gets that far!

Back
Top Bottom