Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, looks like she might actually try for a cross-party deal and abandon the ERG. Which is what she should have done months ago obviously. But I thought she'd never get to it. Still, a lot of things could still go tits-up, and maybe it is all just a performance, but it is the first glimmer of sanity she's shown for a while.

If she offers Corbyn Customs Union + 'workers rights', she's got it.
The ERG have finally lost.
That would split the Tories though surely.

I read it more as an PR exercise but an attempt to get her deal through as the least unpopular option.
If she and Corbyn cannot agree a unified approach, May says, then a series of options for the future relationship would be put to the Commons in a series of votes. The prime minister adds that the government would abide by the decision of the house – but only if Labour did so too.

Not really, it was Remain vs her deal IIRC.

BBC said:
Motion E: Confirmatory public vote
Proposers: Peter Kyle and Phil Wilson, Labour

Result: 280 votes for and 292 votes against

This gives the public a vote to approve any Brexit deal passed by Parliament, before it can be implemented.

e2a: removed link as it was to live page.

That would split the Tories though surely.

I read it more as an PR exercise but an attempt to get her deal through as the least unpopular option.
That's what she's just done.
Over to the swivel-eyed...have they got the balls to walk?

May's deal. Yes a lot of them aren't keen on it but the great majority can swallow it.

Well... The ERG don't seem to have come round yet. Though fair enough, they have might come round enough to avoid an outright split.

I'm inclined to agree that this is just to get to MV4 runoff.

It almost seems reasonable except the bit about it having to include her withdrawal agreement. That just makes it looks like a desparate attempt to put some of the blame on Corbyn.

I think the reasonable element of it only comes in the context of utter intransigence up to this point.

And yeah, including the WA diminishes even that crumb.

According to this, it might not be just about her deal

In a statement from Downing Street, Mrs May said she wanted to agree a new plan with Mr Corbyn and put it to a vote in the Commons before 10 April - when the EU will hold an emergency summit on Brexit. If they do not agree a single way forward, she proposed putting a number of options to MPs "to determine which course to pursue".

Back
Top Bottom