Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I'm a bit puzzled by this. The EU have - fairly reasonably - said there is only a longer extension available if there is a clear Plan B about how to agree on a different sort of Brexit. So it seems to me that requiring May to go to the EU to beg for an extension is likely to result in a 'No' from the EU, unless it comes along with a Plan B, which May seems congenitally unable to formulate. Unless this legislation also lays out a Plan B and mandates how it will work, then it seems to me it will fail in its aim. I would like to think our MPs are bright enough to have spotted this, but I no longer have any confidence in their brains functioning correctly.

I'm a bit puzzled by this. The EU have - fairly reasonably - said there is only a longer extension available if there is a clear Plan B about how to agree on a different sort of Brexit. So it seems to me that requiring May to go to the EU to beg for an extension is likely to result in a 'No' from the EU, unless it comes along with a Plan B, which May seems congenitally unable to formulate. Unless this legislation also lays out a Plan B and mandates how it will work, then it seems to me it will fail in its aim. I would like to think our MPs are bright enough to have spotted this, but I no longer have any confidence in their brains functioning correctly.
It's a backdoor way to revoke Article 50, I would have thought.

i never had any confidence in their brains functioning properly agiven some of the godawful laws the vermin have passed but it's perfectly possible they will have seen this but persuaded themselves that when push comes to shove they'll be able to deal with it

Which option had the most votes last night. I thought May was thinking about putting that up against her WA.

Just do that and let's be done with this FFS.

E2A unless No Deal actually was the most popular, I CBA checking. But No Deal should be dead and buried.

Which option had the most votes last night. I thought May was thinking about putting that up against her WA.

E2A unless No Deal actually was the most popular, I CBA checking. But No Deal should be dead and buried.

Customs union failed by a handful. If the SNP muppets had voted for it, it would have got across the line.

They should probably run it like the Father Ted episode where they had write down the reasons why they should get the parachute:

Nick Boles: Ex-Tory MP hits out at 'cowardly' cabinet
Former Conservative MP Nick Boles has accused the cabinet of being "cowardly and selfish" for failing to challenge Theresa May's approach to Brexit. Mr Boles, who quit the parliamentary party on Monday, said the PM had "misunderstood and mismanaged" the whole process of leaving the EU. And he told the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg no-one in the cabinet "had earned the right" to succeed her. The Tory Party "did not really exist any more", he also suggested.

Guy's lost it.
The rest of what he said is completely correct, though.

“Former Conservative MP Nick Boles has accused the cabinet of being "cowardly and selfish" for failing to challenge Theresa May's approach to Brexit.

Mr Boles, who quit the parliamentary party on Monday, said the PM had "misunderstood and mismanaged" the whole process of leaving the EU.

And he told the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg no-one in the cabinet "had earned the right" to succeed her.”

No deal is not in the EUs interests, I think they may huff and puff, but an extension may be forthcoming.

The rest of what he said is completely correct, though.

“Former Conservative MP Nick Boles has accused the cabinet of being "cowardly and selfish" for failing to challenge Theresa May's approach to Brexit.

Mr Boles, who quit the parliamentary party on Monday, said the PM had "misunderstood and mismanaged" the whole process of leaving the EU.

And he told the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg no-one in the cabinet "had earned the right" to succeed her.”
Think a tad of the messiah complex tbh...thought he'd solved it.

Think a tad of the messiah complex tbh...thought he'd solved it.

f47271f0e2fb1c3391adbbc3d998bb88.jpg

him, not you, obvs...

I take it he's sitting as an independent Independent now; rather than one of the non-independent Independent Group or ChanceUK or whateverthefuck they call themselves?

The new updated article mentions he was deselected earlier this month. I hadn’t realised that. It may be relevant.
Nah, he was only deselected by his local association...he was still at liberty to take the tory whip in Parliament...that's how they roll.

Back
Top Bottom