Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do we have consensus on what to call them yet?
Don't start that again :mad:

Interesting stuff from Macron and Varadkar
President Macron told reporters that the EU "cannot be hostage to the political crisis in the UK", and the government must come forward with "credible" reasons for an extension. He said these could include an election, second referendum, or alternative proposals for the future relationship, such as a customs union.

Mr Varadkar said the UK was "consumed by Brexit", but the EU should not be. He said the EU "needs to be open" about any proposals the UK brings, including a longer extension, and they will do what they can to "assist". But he added: "We gave the UK some time, some space and some opportunity to come up with a way forward... [but] as things stand, they will leave on 12 April without a deal."

Maybe she say she's owed lots of holidays and is going to fuck off Disneyworld for a month. Rees Mogg is off on his hols as well, though he's going on one of those 1830s things.

That's about a century further forward in time than where he usually is.

Think last time she announced the election it was from a plain lectern without the government crest, this will be fuck all probably. Probably more talk of her deal and delivering on referendum result.

Think last time she announced the election it was from a plain lectern without the government crest, this will be fuck all probably. Probably more talk of her deal and delivering on referendum result.
I do enjoy the lectern semiotics

I don't really see what Corbyn gains from sitting down with her. But then he probably loses if he doesn't.

Quite a lot, potentially. Propose a solution to this mess (whether thats Labour's own or one of the two ones from last night) and he gets to be seen as the one who solved this and prevented no-deal. I am not sure he would be blamed that much for solving it either, except by people who would never vote for him.

Back
Top Bottom