Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boycotting products etc from Israel to help stop the genocide in Palestine 2024

Aladdin

So I asked about a tbread on this. And there doesn't seem to be one.

Thanks to teqniq for the info on the No Thanks App which is availabel on google Play again for use when scanning a barcode to check if the product / company is supporting Israel
The No Thanks app which was initially removed from both Google Play and the App store has been reinstated by both. It scans barcodes to give the country of origin thus giving you the choice to purchase or not depending on where it's from.

Also..many people shop online so scanning a barcode isn't feasible.

This thread is for info / names of products / names of businesses that monetarily are supporting Israel. This boycott is important as Israel needs to know that people do not want to support genocide.

I'll get the ball rolling with these posts.

Feel free to add to these. Screenshot_20240302_134917_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20240302_134548_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20240302_134517_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20240302_134424_Instagram.jpg

the only Israeli produce i see in the shops is that hummous brand Arden + Sabra and Tivall veggie schnitzels
theres likely others of course...
View attachment 414355
View attachment 414354

oh Matzos...I like Matzos (unleavened crackers)...haven't had in years
Jaffa oranges and avocados are worth checking too, probably other fresh fruit I haven't thought of too.

Thanks to teqniq for the info on the No Thanks App which is availabel on google Play again for use when scanning a barcode to check if the product / company is supporting Israel

This thread is for info / names of products / names of businesses that monetarily are supporting Israel. This boycott is important as Israel needs to know that people do not want to support genocide.

Feel free to add to these.

This is the official site of the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) campaign:

Get Involved | BDS Movement

Feel free to add to these. View attachment 414350
The 3-digit GS1 prefix of an EAN-13 product barcode indicates the country of registration of the manufacturer of the product. This might OR might not be where they are made/grown/sourced, and may simply be the location of the corporate headquarters.

Separately, '871' is not assigned to Israel, only '729' is.

Last edited:
the only Israeli produce i see in the shops is that hummous brand Arden + Sabra and Tivall veggie schnitzels
theres likely others of course...
View attachment 414355
View attachment 414354

oh Matzos...I like Matzos (unleavened crackers)...haven't had in years
I used to really love Tivall's frankfurters, burgers and schnitzels but they've been on the boycott list for quite a few years. Before the pandemic, Tesco used to carry a decent alternative to Tivall schnitzels, which have now disappeared.

Other ways of rationalising the idea that people should do nothing are available.
I don't think I've ever seen anything in a shop produced in Israel. I did go through a spell of trying not to buy products made in China, but after buying a Phillips radio, which when I took it out of the box had a 'Made in China' sticker on the underside, I gave up.

I don't think I've ever seen anything in a shop produced in Israel. I did go through a spell of trying not to buy products made in China, but after buying a Phillips radio, which when I took it out of the box had a 'Made in China' sticker on the underside, I gave up.
I hope you were also trying to boycott products from various other countries so as not to be a hypocrite.

Seriously? 😆
Seriously. It did not say on the box 'Made in China' otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

How many Urbanites use Apple (made in China) products? I don't use Apple, but that was a decision based on their extortionate pricing made three decades ago.

Some fresh veg definitely from Israel. Pretty sure in the past I've seen dates, and dried fruits.

Phillips, Samsung, Dell, Gillete etc etc etc.

It is almost impossible to avoid buying products made in China, especially if buying online.
So..ok. ..fair enough..maybe a new thread for China would be an idea?
I agree with your post.

This thread, for now though, was started because of the apartheid and treatment of people living in Palestine and the obvious genocide ongoing in Gaza... With over 30000 killed i clouding 12000 children.

Boycotting products that financially support Israel, is a step that might send Israel a mesaage from ordinary people.

Does anyone have an alternative source for magnesium chloride flakes?

I can't find any that are not Israeli. I know Germany and Holland produce magnesium salts and I'd rather buy from them.

Back
Top Bottom