Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biker caught at 156mph gets 18month ban & fine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-17201667

He wasn't using his mirrors much because the police motorcycle was right behind him for quite a while.

Pratt.
He probably "I have am the biggest dick on here, no need to look behind"
Well he's right about that. Unfortunately for him, undertaking and overtaking at those speeds definitely can constitute dangerous driving.
He sounds a bit of a bellend really, saying shit like that in court is bound to wind them up. Might as well have called them all cunts and be done with it.
And conveniently forgets that never mind how good a driver/rider you are the danger comes from the other road users.
Potential number of beneficiaries from resultant organ donation and cell lines?
I doubt there'd be anythi n left after a crash at that speed

The driving ban should have been followed with 5 years of not being allowed to drive anything more powerful than 50cc.
I had a friend with a 50cc ciao that did 80mph: scary fucking shit

It is so ridiculous this phobia we have with speed. In Germany, if your vehicle is designed to go up to 155mph then there are some places where you are permitted to do that.
They love tailgating too, which makes perfect sense a this sort of speed

Parliament could reduce speed limits on motorways to 20 mph but that wouldn't stop people speeding.

The problem is proper enforcement, coupled with deterrent levels of sentencing. That's why all vehicles that wish to travel on the road should display a licence plate.

A licence scheme for bicycles would generate a reasonable number of jobs and also revenue from the profit from the annual licence fee (so long as it's outsourced properly) and fine collection.
That's just so laughably clueless it's not even worth bothering with, tobyjug.

Nah, Tobermory's in Scotland.

The Jug did make a brief reappearance last year under another name but seems to have stopped posting, which is a shame.

I had a friend with a 50cc ciao that did 80mph ...

Not for long it wouldn't!

Tuning 2-strokes was the number one craze in my youth. I became pretty good at porting blocks, skimming heads, opening read-valves, upgrading carbs etc.

At 17 I had an X7 which could do about 115mph before I had a car licence. That was 1982/3. Mucho grinski! :D

Again, it wouldn't do that for long and if we were being chased by the plod it was always a lottery as to whether or not we'd get away before we holed a piston!

Not sure I'm really following your thread here. You appeared to claim that speed was an irrelevance - apparently citing the German example as evidence. A couple of posters have pointed out that that's wrong as German death rates are much higher.

I think in Britain there are about 3,000 road deaths per year and in Germany IIRC there may be either 6,000 or 9,000. However there are more motorists in Germany.

But the point is six thousand or nine thousand, it is just not enough, there are thousands and thousands of froggy frenchmen, gutteral germans, irritating italians, so when you are on the continent on holiday, if you are going to be in a road accident it is your duty, to take as many of them with you as you can!

I think in Britain there are about 3,000 road deaths per year and in Germany IIRC there may be either 6,000 or 9,000. However there are more motorists in Germany.

There are more people in Germany. Comparisons are always tricky but the figures I referred to are for deaths per passenger-mile/km on motorways, i.e. some attempt at like-for-like comparison.

It is so ridiculous this phobia we have with speed. In Germany, if your vehicle is designed to go up to 155mph then there are some places where you are permitted to do that.

there are many places in Britain where you can do that. They're called racetracks. If you want to drive at high speed then you should be with traffic that is also high speed, not on a road with vehicles of mixed power and drivers of mixed ability.

Tobermory53 said: And yet there are still people who insist on knowing better - like morons who blithely cycle through red lights.

Yes and they're every bit as twattish as the stupid arrogant fucks who think the motorway is their private race track.
No Im not!

I forget where, but theres a country that has made it legal for bicycles to run red lights - good law. A search says the law is in Paris http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com...s-give-bikes-okay-to-run-red-lights-ooh-la-la - very sensible the french.

there are many places in Britain where you can do that. They're called racetracks. If you want to drive at high speed then you should be with traffic that is also high speed, not on a road with vehicles of mixed power and drivers of mixed ability.
For what it's worth, racetracks are also very much 'roads' with vehicles of mixed power and drivers of mixed ability.

For what it's worth, racetracks are also very much 'roads' with vehicles of mixed power and drivers of mixed ability.
but at leat everyone who drives on them knows what the crack is, as opposed to someone racing up the motorway with other drivers anaware of their intention.

True - and therein is what is wrong with what he did, but not the speed or anything else per se.

Back
Top Bottom