Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best vegetable (no potato)

That's pease pudding :mad:
Freshly-made pease pudding is lovely, but the canned stuff was pretty uninspiring - whereas mushy peas are pretty decent straight out of the can IMHO - and have the added bonus of turning your pee fluorescent yellow :)

Canned hummus is almost inedible.

Freshly-made pease pudding is lovely, but the canned stuff was pretty uninspiring - whereas mushy peas are pretty decent straight out of the can IMHO - and have the added bonus of turning your pee fluorescent yellow :)

Canned hummus is almost inedible.
Canned pease pudding is fine - microwave it with a bit of butter, slather on a stottie after layering it with butter, add sliced cumberland sausages and hot mustard. A buttie to die for. :)

"pickled" red cabbage seems to be going down a storm here. (you just grate it and marinate in acid)

you can do it in lemon juice and sugar if you have arseholes to cater to. otherwise you can do vinegar and sugar and come to (the same) and/or a better result :thumbs:

as a veg-prepper i call cabbage ftw - is equally acceptable in all forms, boiled, stirfried, pickled, salted, fermented, other

raw is the best if you're doing the chopping. i've never yet been able to eat more of a brassica than i could chop :thumbs:

"pickled" red cabbage seems to be going down a storm here. (you just grate it and marinate in acid)

you can do it in lemon juice and sugar if you have arseholes to cater to. otherwise you can do vinegar and sugar and come to (the same) and/or a better result :thumbs:

Love red cabbage. I started this thread cos for dinner today I just ate a massive bowl of red gold leftover from yesterday. Sugar and red wine vinegar.

Broccoli.
Any broccoli.
Normal, tenederstem, purple sprouting and I will include the romanesco in that as there is no consensus as to whether it is a cauliflower or broccoli :cool:

A worthy candidate for my "Be Nice" thread...

Orang Utan
doesn't smell his own wee
Late last year, I discovered by surprise that in spite of my daily consumption of sprouts, I have a moderate intolerance of eating a large quantity of al-dente ones in one sitting, and even more surprisingly, steamed "Sweetheart" cabbage - to the extent that I mistook the symptoms for diabetes / UTI etc...
... peeing on the hour all night, raised temperature .... My pee very definitely smelled strongly and was very dark in colour ...
Some years ago, when I was overly-determined to nightly cram in my (microwaved) greens in an effort to lose weight, I also noticed a "sweetcorn effect" when visiting the bathroom ...

Last edited:
I have to say that in spite of acknowledging the massive defficiency in veggies as I was growing up in 70s suburbia, mashed spuds and frozen peas are the ultimate comfort food - though I would slather on tahini and sweet mango chutney.... and probably Napolina tinned toms .... Goes so well with veggie cutlets too ...

Last edited:
It's fucking pumpkin! But no-one other than kalidarkone and nogojones agreed.

Heathens...

Leafy salad for lunch, leaves out of our patch and radishes the neighbour brought round. It's like an episode of the Good Life round here :D

Back
Top Bottom