Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best vegetable (no potato)

One when I was visting a mate near Barcelona we got invited to a calcott party . plates of barbecued onions, which look like leeks/giant spring onions but arent, served with different sauces.

In fairness to Wales, though...gotta say that the best raw onion & cheese rolls evah...Cardiff market (that cafe thingy in the corner with the black & white floor tiles on the wall).:D

Last edited:
In fairness to Wales, though...gotta say that the best raw onion & cheese rolls eval...Cardiff market (that cafe thingy in the corner with the black & white floor tiles on the wall).:D

Is good that place although by and large you can't trust the southerners with pastry. Remember trying clarks pies for first time after all the hype, fucking disgusting. And they live off peters pies, silly cunts

Raw onions (spring onion type but bit bigger and stronger) are a big oldschool Beijing thing, when we'd not long moved in to the village daughter went round one of the neighbours to play, they were having lunch when I picked her up and we had flatbread and onions with a dipping sauce of sesame paste flavoured a bit with soy sauce. Delicious.

Ah, this is where being rural had its advantages - we didn't have access to much imported veg (I didn't see a pepper until the late 80s), but we grew a lot of veg so usually had a good range of fresh stuff - also traded with neighbours if they were growing different fruit/veg.
Leaving home and going wholefood vegan at 21 was like trying drugs for the first time.
I used to spend my Saturday mornings seeing how many different plants I could buy and eat !

I had some asparagus in recently and was a bit like "ahhh what do I do?" So I roasted it. Thanks to Orang Utan really from that time ages ok when I had a bit of yours. :thumbs:

And now I've got a pot of not caponata not ratatouille on the hob. :cool:

S
I had some asparagus in recently and was a bit like "ahhh what do I do?" So I roasted it. Thanks to Orang Utan really from that time ages ok when I had a bit of yours. :thumbs:

And now I've got a pot of not caponata not ratatouille on the hob. :cool:
Steamed for 5 mins then in a risotto at the end with prawns...was tasty.

Romanesco.
97068121-a-closeup-of-a-romanesco-broccoli-also-known-as-roman-cauliflower-with-visually-striking-fractal-for.jpg

Tastes great too (once you've snapped out of it and regained your focus).
Fractal food. :eek:

Mushy peas are the best, with fish and chips.

Back
Top Bottom