Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best vegetable (no potato)

It's fucking pumpkin! But no-one other than kalidarkone and nogojones agreed.

Heathens...

It's pretty up there. This will be the first year in ages that I'm not growing them, as I've moved that bed over to spuds for a year.

IMG_20180921_114644438.jpg

Though I love spquah, I think I'd find life very hard and pointless without garlic - Are we considering this a veg?

Winter melon is delicious in a light noodle soup or hotpot.

winter-melon-soup.jpg

Choi sum goes well as a green veg accompaniment to loads of Chinese dishes - ideally blanched, with oyster sauce and fried garlic, though can be added to fried rice, noodles and soup too.

choysum-7.jpg

Your world is topsy turvy icey. Up here they're called Crown Prince squash

Well I never! And upon further investigation I find that there's no such thing as pumpkin or squash.. it's all Cucurbitaceae !

Is this the same thing ?

Screenshot_20200504-205053.png

The question is, does your Crown Prince squash taste like roasted chestnuts? :)

Pumpkin. It's a good thing that I continued to read the thread and established that kiwis mean squash when they say pumpkin or something cos the idea a fucking pumpkin would even make the top 100 best veg let alone the best one, fuck off.

Squash is ok, I use it a lot, but nah. Its main thing is its substance, it bulks stuff, it's nice enough with flavour added to it, but it's also fucking boring dull bland meh really isn't it. Fucking squash best veg, do me a favour.

Also sweet potatoes are the shitter cousin of actual potatoes

I quite like aubergine. In stuff and that obviously.

Should have done a worst vegetable thread. My other half likes broad beans and given opportunity will do these over peas. They are not horrible, I will eat them, but peas are better. She will also buy petit pois instead of garden peas, I don't know why, they are just smaller flavourless peas. Basically swerves normal peas. She should give peas a chance.

Sweetcorn is shit, pointless, makes everything less nice.

Back
Top Bottom