Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best vegetable (no potato)

View attachment 210519

There are the things I meant I think, had them with pork in a really sweet sauce, I think neither the sauce nor the cucumber stuff would have been pleasant without each other but it worked well together. But weird.
Definitely one where growing your own makes a big difference. Just fresh there's a sweetness to balance the sour and you can have them chopped cold as a salad. Go over and it's more earwax. Definitely complement well in good sauces too.

But peas are definitely a vegetable in culinary terms and so are any pea/bean served in its pod. The pod is a fruit, only the bit inside is a seed/pulse.

Peas served in pods vegetables. Peas out of pods not. Them's the rules. In my head anyway.

Peas are vegetables. We eat just eat diffrent parts of vegetables, the flowers, the seeds, the leaves, the roots, the tubers even the tedrils

There are lots of veg that are pretty much all year round carrots/cabbages/ oinions others that are a tad more seasonal. I suppose it the more seasonal ones I would put as favourorite for example asparagus , turnip green sand broccoli rabe , summers courgettes and beetroot.

Romanesco.
97068121-a-closeup-of-a-romanesco-broccoli-also-known-as-roman-cauliflower-with-visually-striking-fractal-for.jpg

Tastes great too (once you've snapped out of it and regained your focus).

Beans. Like three bean salad in a can, rinse it, add dressing or balsamic vinegar, few cubes of feta and it's a great lunch

Onion would be the obvious one but I'm also excluding. Vegetable as a standalone meal/side dish
Onions are, IMO, absolutely and hands down the best vegetable. A crucial component of so many dishes across so many different cuisines.

A world without onions would be infinitely poorer, whereas a world without almost any other vegetable would not be nearly so seriously affected.

And the idea that a vegetable has to be a standalone meal or side dish in order to count as a proper vegetable is frankly ridiculous

Onions are, IMO, absolutely and hands down the best vegetable. A crucial component of so many dishes across so many different cuisines.

A world without onions would be infinitely poorer, whereas a world without almost any other vegetable would not be nearly so seriously affected.

And the idea that a vegetable has to be a standalone meal or side dish in order to count as a proper vegetable is frankly ridiculous

I agree on the value of onions andy but my thread my rules, that's just how it is

Indeed.
Speaking as one who eats ONLY vegetables, I've actually whittled them down to a surprisingly small number and sprouts / broccoli are way up there because of nutrient density, but I couldn't live on sprouts alone ... well I suppose I could happily fill up on them as a one-off - so long as I had tahini and soy sauce and probably chutney ...

Back
Top Bottom