Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best PHEV for about 15-20k

dessiato

🇪🇸 my spirit is crying for leaving
I want a Golf GTe. The local VW dealer has said they can't get one for ages, they've none in stock. It's got everything I want, the size is right too.

I thought about an Outlander, but it's too big for my need.

Any other cars to consider/recommend?

Cash buy, no trade in.

The trouble is twofold: they're expensive to start with, and they've not been around long enough to have lots of older second-hand ones knocking about. Which means you'd be doing well to get something decent at the bottom of your bracket. Nearer the top, though, you might pick up something like a Renault Captur. (I know that because I'm just looking to get one for my Dad.)

I've had a 17 plate BMW 330 E (M Sport The M standing for midlife crises) for three years. Its a great car, In the real world we get about 15/20 miles on a charge and on a run it averages about 45 MPG and its fairly quick. During lock down we didn't put petrol; in it for several months. The boot isn't huge but isn't stupidly small either. You do lose the active suspension you would normally get on the M Sports, can't say I miss it. I use a granny charger rather than a charge point and it takes about three and a half hours to charge fully. You should find some in your price range.

(The Outlander was my second choice but Ms 747 didn't want an SUV.)

We could double the budget, but, because I’m a tight arse, I don’t want to. I feel 15 to 20 is plenty. Mrs D thinks we should keep the extra in mind should we need to. I’m planning/hoping to buy a boat with the left over cash.

The Outlander is my first choice but I’m a bit bothered about there being no Mitsubishi dealers in the U.K. now. And Mrs D is right when she says it’s too big for us.

The outlander is a strange one. It’s a big lump but seems small inside. The range is criminally short and on dinosaur juice is is constantly under 30mpg. I did look at one a year or two back and couldn’t see a massive benefit unless I had an off road charging point and just wanted to pootle locally. The Lexus mini SUV hybrids are obvs not PHEV but I thought they were a far far better package

We could double the budget, but, because I’m a tight arse, I don’t want to. I feel 15 to 20 is plenty. Mrs D thinks we should keep the extra in mind should we need to. I’m planning/hoping to buy a boat with the left over cash.

The Outlander is my first choice but I’m a bit bothered about there being no Mitsubishi dealers in the U.K. now. And Mrs D is right when she says it’s too big for us.

Dess earlier

1662027758715.png

Back
Top Bottom