Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

15 minute Cities , the latest conspiracy.

Tbf it was very interesting to see how much compliance there was, and how willingly people divided themselves into compliers and resisters, and I'm sure a lot has been learned from this.
I expect there was a lot learnt, but in the pandemic case; it was more that people divided into people who could see that keeping separated and reducing contacts saved lives and the scientifically illiterate.
If it was some different government mandate, I think the compilers and resisters would be very different.

Again missing the point. Not about creating perfection overnight but setting in play policies and principles that move neighbourhoods towards being more liveable without driving everywhere.
Yeah I see the point, the obvious point, everyone does. Thats the thing with these whole catalogue of ideas condensed into 3 words. Pretty meaningless without real application in todays world

People insisted they behaved and obeyed the rules but others didn't and that the government should keep lockdown going, even when they were caught driving to test their eyes out.

I expect there was a lot learnt, but in the pandemic case; it was more that people divided into people who could see that keeping separated and reducing contacts saved lives and the scientifically illiterate.
If it was some different government mandate, I think the compilers and resisters would be very different.

Maybe. Depending on how it was presented.
I have my doubts, though.

In a country like the UK, that tended towards minimal/voluntary/piss-poor lockdowns and similar policies, were/are people doing things that weren't state-mandated compliers or resisters?

I’m not sure what’s going on with the last bit of your sentence, so I’m going with another maybe.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the last bit of your sentence, so I’m going with another maybe.
Look, all I was asking was has anybody really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
(Not sure what bit caused the confusion, if it was the use of "were/are" that was cos I wasn't sure what tense to use because I was talking about both the past and things that are still ongoing. I was questioning the idea that people can be neatly divided into compliers and resisters because people who are, for example, still wearing masks on public transport are the people who would presumably count as compliers in that framework, but I'm not sure it makes sense to think of them as compliers when there's no state mandate for them to comply with.)

Look, all I was asking was has anybody really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Cheers for the clarification, I’m sticking with “maybe”. :thumbs:

I think re: the second point, I’d perhaps call those people “super-compliers”.
Either due to something self-directed, or simply due to extreme susceptibility to Government messaging, they are still complying in the absence of instructions.

They are the Covid equivalent of those Japanese soldiers that were found in the forest decades after WWII ended. There’s possibly a genetic component to extreme persistence which is an adaptive trait in many cases, but occasionally becomes misapplied.

Or maybe they have a cold and don’t want to pass it on.

Last edited:
This stuff is basically infinitely flexible isn't it. It doesn't matter if something doesn't happen because they seem able to roll onto the next thing absolutely seamlessly without any reflection whatever. Most of these were probably the ones who were sure Covid lockdowns were going to be permanent a couple of years ago but they're not wondering how that never happened.

Oh no, those lockdowns they only ended because of the valliant resistance put up by our conspiracy-minded friends. Genuinely seen that claim made as the reason. It was a test, it didn't work like they wanted so they stopped it.
and/or it was just cover for the vaccine microchipping so no need to continue once the "vaccine" program had been run.

It's why I decided to start asking for a time limit, because people who are now willing to say anything towards one will always find a reason why they were wrong, there's no point in trying to pull them back from this, they are committed to the worldview.
Also why I decided to try to frame it as them being lied to.

I didn't really think either would work but was curious if there would be a different reaction.

Was this a known loon or a formerly relatively normal person?
This specifically was someone online rather than irl.

I think re: the second point, I’d perhaps call those people “super-compliers”.
Either due to something self-directed, or simply due to extreme susceptibility to Government messaging, they are still complying in the absence of instructions.
I mean, that's the thing though innit? Self-directed is something quite different to compliance. And I'm not sure how much you can claim extreme susceptibility to government messaging when there isn't any.

I mean, that's the thing though innit? Self-directed is something quite different to compliance. And I'm not sure how much you can claim extreme susceptibility to government messaging when there isn't any.

I'd say anyone still wearing a mask (or taking any measures at all really) is acting counter to the messaging if anything. Given that what messaging there is is 'it's fine stop worrying about it.'

Not really. The Government messaging wasn't just "do this thing". It was planting seeds of fear and othering into people and setting them running like little wind-up mice. They don't just stop when you switch the signal off. Some people will respond to this sort of thing in near-religious manner. Then you had enthusiasts (maybe a better term than compliers because the latter includes the grudging) and resisters feeding off each other for momentum by which point no messaging from Government or related bodies was needed.

I'm not so sure I agree with that at all. People were locking down at home way before the first lockdown started. And people started copying Asian countries by buying masks well before any government messaging. And while I don't think government messaging got everything right, how did it 'other' people exactly?

I'm not so sure I agree with that at all. People were locking down at home way before the first lockdown started. And people started copying Asian countries by buying masks well before any government messaging. And while I don't think government messaging got everything right, how did it 'other' people exactly?
The company I work for carried out installation work at a multinational. The multinational over a couple of weeks stopped non-UK visitors, then stopped people moving between its UK sites; they stopped people coming in who could WFH, and then finally only critical staff were allowed access. All this before the government announced a lockdown.

The company I work for carried out installation work at a multinational. The multinational over a couple of weeks stopped non-UK visitors, then stopped people moving between its UK sites; they stopped people coming in who could WFH, and then finally only critical staff were allowed access. All this before the government announced a lockdown.

My company were fucking idiots who sat on their hands til the Government did something.

I think the best thing is how some of the 15mc conspiraloons come from the hippy (antivax) "environmentalist" movement of yesteryear and in their new incarnation are essentially protesting their inalienable human right to...

checks notes

Drive cars everywhere

I think the best thing is how some of the 15mc conspiraloons come from the hippy (antivax) "environmentalist" movement of yesteryear and in their new incarnation are essentially protesting their inalienable human right to...

checks notes

Drive cars everywhere
There's a guy who lives near me who was always at every green thing pre-covid, Extinction Rebellion demos etc. Total liability for the cause, irritating spiritual hippy twat. Now posting 15 minute cities conspiracy theories and Piers Corbyn videos about climate change being fake.

There was a march in Oxford yesterday , basically a meeting of anti-vaxers, and Brexiters . The march took in some of the many already pedestrianised bits of Oxford , which is a nightmare to drive in , but they want the freedom to be in traffic jams.

Brexiters are marching?
Has no one told them?

There's a guy who lives near me who was always at every green thing pre-covid, Extinction Rebellion demos etc. Total liability for the cause, irritating spiritual hippy twat. Now posting 15 minute cities conspiracy theories and Piers Corbyn videos about climate change being fake.
I saw something on twitter about Arthur Pendragon , senior druid , hangs about at Stonehenge , apparently a road protester back in the day , now all out against 15 minute cities 🤔

Oxford Mail just put up an interview with Joe Marsh, formerly of Pie & Mash, currently of Patriotic Alternative:

"Well, we're a white nationalist group, but we're not protesting here today because of race, this is about 15 minute cities..."

Back
Top Bottom