Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Belgium vs Japan (R16) - 19:00 - 02/07/2018

Feel very sad for Japan
Very entertaining and played some lovely stuff.

Just a little Naive at the end, none of the major nations would have conceded that last goal which turned out to be the winner, they would never have thrown so many players forward from that corner leaving them exposed at the back.
Plus lack a bit of height, the Belgians were killing them last twenty from crosses
The 1st Goal was a complete fluke.

Like everyone else I feel sorry for Japan and they gave a great account of themselves, but they owed that performance to the competition after the lamentable antics they pulled for the last ten minutes of their previous match.

Feel very sad for Japan
Very entertaining and played some lovely stuff.

Just a little Naive at the end, none of the major nations would have conceded that last goal which turned out to be the winner, they would never have thrown so many players forward from that corner leaving them exposed at the back.
Plus lack a bit of height, the Belgians were killing them last twenty from crosses
The 1st Goal was a complete fluke.
Don't agree that they were naive. A 'less naive' team wouldn't have scored the second goal. Fuck me, for a while they were presssing to go 3-0 up and looked quite likely to do it. Belgium had a complete fluke of a first goal to get back into it. Even at the end, I think it was the right thing to do for Japan to press forward - far better than extra time, which Belgium were more likely to win, or penalties, ditto.

Hats off to Japan.

Have I said this yet? I FUCKING LOVE THE WORLD CUP.

Feel for Japan but can't help thinking that Belgium are better placed than Japan would've been to send that dick Neymar back home.

I don't know, as a theme of this WC has been the "big teams" struggling to break down the very well organised ones. Japan certainly fitted this category.

That said, it's irrelevant now.

Like everyone else I feel sorry for Japan and they gave a great account of themselves, but they owed that performance to the competition after the lamentable antics they pulled for the last ten minutes of their previous match.
I've never forgiven them after watching Merry Xmas Mr Lawrence

Back
Top Bottom