Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

France vs Belgium - (SF) - 19:00 - 10/07/2018

I haven't read the thread so maybe it's been covered, but why wasn't the gamechanging foul on Hazard VAR'd?

and why didn't either the commentators or the pundits mention VAR?
most odd. I'd feel aggrieved if I was Belgian.

Missed the best part of the second half due to a bit of bad news on the phone but I think England fans should be more relieved at the potential for facing France if they get through tomorrow. Especially after the way the Belgies came out of the traps in the first half.:eek: Not sure England could of soaked that up the way the French did and p. :hmm:

Football results owe so much more to luck than pundits ever concede. You could replay most games and get different results.

Especially knock out competitions. And especially knockout competitions that go to penalties.

As Sir Gareth Southgate said "you're never as bad as they say, and never as good either"

God bless him.

france looked really really good i though. quite negative once they'd scored- but belgium never looked close to scoring despite the players they have. I really cant see england beating them. And Mbappe is stupidly fast and skillful.

Their defence was a shambles in the first half and once they scored they just parked the bus to anuff the game out..
Apart from aa couple of fancy moves from mbappe there was nothing world class about them imo

Hazard must be a serious contender for player of the tournament along with Mbappe, Modric . If Belgium had got through it would have been a formality. Who else?

Absolutely nothing for England to be too worried about in this match, assuming England reach the final. It's like I was watching a different game to some people. Yes, France played some nice stuff, and they'll certainly be favourites against England or Croatia, but there were loads of opportunities for Belgium to hurt them - bloody Argentina scored three times against them FFS :D

DhvLbAEX0AAWa3a.jpg

Lol
Interplay between Griezmann, Matuidi, Mbappe was incredible at times. Pogba and Kante were superb.
Nowhere near as good as Lukaku, Hazard & De Bruyne on their day imo.

Eta; France did do well crowding those players out in the middle of the park. Chadli saw more of the ball for Belgium than previous games as a consequence.
If one of Hazard's chances had gone in earlier in the game France would have been ripped apart

Last edited:
Most assists, dribbles, sprints and Man of the Match awards per 90 minutes at World Cup 2018:
France: Tolisso Mbappé Griezmann Kanté
Croatia: Badelj Rebić Perišić Badelj
England: Loftus-Cheek Loftus-Cheek Lingard Kane
Belgium: Hazard Hazard Hazard Hazard

Back
Top Bottom