Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colombia vs England (R16) - 19:00 - 03/07/2018

Final Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh my god! Pissed people fighting! Fuck!

Ordinarily this would be a non story. But if you really put your back into it you can bend it into your ABE agenda and suggest that England as a footballing nation are somehow worse than everyone else.

Have you ever been to Newport?

Haters gotta hate
Make love not war, or something like that

Why is everyone so fucking obsessed with Wales here? It's kind of weird... :/
You know what. The England fans and not England fans keep reigniting this unwinnable discussion. I have politely asked them to stop a few times but people KEEP posting or replying to 'why are England/Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland/Ireland fans being cunts' and every time someone responds or accuces another post the whole boring irritating mess starts again.

Someone needs to start a thread in Politics titled 'Why Britain, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland are all cunts' so people who like football can post and talk about sport :)

It's because some of the time some of the football fans on here support Wales.
They may support other teams too, but I'm not sure why the nationality of someone discussing an ongoing game keeps getting brought up when there's plenty to talk about in the match. It's not like every non-English poster here was repeatedly saying, "England are shit LOL" or whatever. I was certainly giving them praise and criticism in a manner that was much the same as everyone else watching the game. Not sure why that makes me a "Welsh cunt".

They may support other teams too, but I'm not sure why the nationality of someone discussing an ongoing game keeps getting brought up when there's plenty to talk about in the match. It's not like every non-English poster here was repeatedly saying, "England are shit LOL" or whatever. I was certainly giving them praise and criticism in a manner that was mich the same as everyone else watching the game. Not sure why that makes me a "Welsh cunt".
I guess it's because a couple of the posters whose entire schitck on England threads is to wind people up and cause arguments ARE Welsh. And there's an element of " I can slag my team off, but don't you fucking DARE slag MY team off" about it too.

In my opinion if Spy is getting banned for responding to you on a thread you're not really modding and some of the other deliberate shit-stirring goes unpunished, then something's a bit off.

The England match threads are going to be the most excitable during matches so obviously if there's a couple of people posting things that look gloaty then its going to kick off, so responders are going to reach for the nearest stick to hit them with.

I guess it's because a couple of the posters whose entire schitck on England threads is to wind people up and cause arguments ARE Welsh. And there's an element of " I can slag my team off, but don't you fucking DARE slag MY team off" about it too.

In my opinion if Spy is getting banned for responding to you on a thread you're not really modding and some of the other deliberate shit-stirring goes unpunished, then something's a bit off.
I wasn't winding people up though. I was both positive and negative about the team's performance, and as I've probably lived in England longer than some of the English contributors, I think I'm perfectly entitled to join in and express an opinion without suffering xenophobic abuse. In fact, I think anyone is entitled to join in.

And for the last fucking time: Spymaster was banned because he broke the rules on mutual ignore which is an entirely different thing, And as for the other supposed 'shit stirrers', did you report any posts for the mods attention?

Can I just add that I think Southgate is the most dignified England manager since Alf Ramsey

36698453_10214989156216047_6070986554078134272_n.jpg

I wasn't winding people up though. I was both positive and negative about the team's performance, and as I've probably lived in England longer than some of the English contributors, I think I'm perfectly entitled to join in and express an opinion without suffering xenophobic abuse. In fact, I think anyone is entitled to join in.

And for the last fucking time: Spymaster was banned because he broke the rules on mutual ignore which is an entirely different thing, And as for the other supposed 'shit stirrers', did you report any posts for the mods attention?
You know, you're not the only Welsh person on this thread, and nowhere did I accuse you of anything, and nowhere did I say xenophobic abuse is acceptable, because it isn't.

How did you see Spymaster's posts if you have him on ignore?

Finally, no, I rarely report posts and saw no point in reporting any a mod was actually participating in. And besides, individual posts probably didn't contravene anything except Wheaton's Law, and nowhere have I suggested anything specific, merely attempted to provide a reason for the question you asked about people bringing Wales into the equation so much.

He has the squad.

Was a player and won/suffered with the national side. Have been reading great things about him and how he carries himself.

About time England had a good manager. Win or lose, let the guy build for the future.
He's also lucky that the press are nowhere near as powerful as they once were - baiting and slagging off England managers was always good for circulation figures.

Oh my god! Pissed people fighting! Fuck!

Ordinarily this would be a non story. But if you really put your back into it you can bend it into your ABE agenda and suggest that England as a footballing nation are somehow worse than everyone else.

Have you ever been to Newport?

I once went to a pub in Newport to watch England play Finland. A fairly hairy experience.

You're talking about, what, 2 or 3 posters? And that's a 'collective' :facepalm:

I know, its a disgrace. For a start the correct word is 'cell', and personally I always like to think of myself as coming from the unoccupied territories rather than "Welsh" (which is after all a term thought up by the invader).

He's also lucky that the press are nowhere near as powerful as they once were - baiting and slagging off England managers was always good for circulation figures.
I would be very pleased if Southgate or England FC stopped the Sun and Mail from having access to the team.

Back
Top Bottom