Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beating the Fascists: The authorised history of Anti-Fascist Action

Should be interesting - certainly they were "effective" in their short term aims, combatting a certain kind of street-fighting fascist threat. Which I guess was their main thing. But it's a very limited sort of effectiveness that doesn't build capacity for a positive alternative.

i think the point you miss is that if the fascists had got to say who got to walk around the streets and who didnt - which had they not had the shit kicked out of them to the point they couldnt take it any more was a real possibility - then your postive alternative might as well disappear up its own arse . The failure for a political alternative to manifest itself wasnt the fault of AFA . They ensured that the physical space in which to build one on the streets remained available . The failure of others to step up to the mark is their failure and not AFAs .

and for many a love of violence?..

if people just loved violence then they could join the fash , or indeed any football fiirm or gang of louts anywhere . Theres no need for anyone like that to join AFA . Its not hard to find violent situations if you want them .you could even join the cops and get paid for it if it was your thang

if people just loved violence then they could join the fash , or indeed any football fiirm or gang of louts anywhere . Theres no need for anyone like that to join AFA . Its not hard to find violent situations if you want them .you could even join the cops and get paid for it if it was your thang

How very dare you! Coming on here with your considered and rational rebuttal of treelovers jaundiced and uninformed opinion. Why the very thought that people like you exist is offensive to him/her.

Still at least you morons are too stupid to write a book about your exploits that will nail treelovers old bollocks as the lie it is once and for all...:hmm:

Interestingly I was reading Searchlies' book 70 Years of Resitance, and I haven't found a single reference to AFA, it might as well not have existed. Not that I expected any better and I suppose it's better not to mention them than slag them off but still...

Funnily enough if the AFA book had adopted the same attitude to them - writing them out of history - Searchlight would certainly be less bothered about its imminent publication.

Funnily enough if the AFA book had adopted the same attitude to them - writing them out of history - Searchlight would certainly be less bothered about its imminent publication.

I hope you have made the Searchlight circle nervous and paranoid.

How very dare you! Coming on here with your considered and rational rebuttal of treelovers jaundiced and uninformed opinion. Why the very thought that people like you exist is offensive to him/her.

Still at least you morons are too stupid to write a book about your exploits that will nail treelovers old bollocks as the lie it is once and for all...:hmm:

this type of musics very noisy too isnt it ? just think of the damage to the environment . Im sure it upsets snails and things . And im sure a cup of tea ( dar jeeling ?) and a nice discussion would soon put a stop to nazis also . Hitler was a fucking tree hugger too . Vegetarian , non smoking , non drinking, animal loverhanging around with loads of gay blokes..got to watch those types.

I hope you have made the Searchlight circle nervous and paranoid.

That would indeed appear to be case, if recent reports from behind the scenes are anything to by. And having seemingly failed in their efforts to browbeat FP into dropping the book, character assassination directed against individual contributors will likely be the order of the day for the immediate future. Below, a flavour of things to come...

oshea oshea oshea...have u heard

30.09.2010 12:06
it is now becoming obvious with the amount of vitriol towards hann and tilzey that red action are employing the age old fascist trick of telling a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. They have to convince themselves that what supposedly took place, if indeed it did as they state, that their part in a subsequent cover up can be forgotten. So many things will emerge after this book is out that certain red action people will suffer a similar fate as hann as news is starting to trickle out. Numerous stories of very unsavoury activities by some of the key players...beware

totos tormentor

I remember once an angry and embarrassed (supposedly undercover) Special Branch man, in the midst of being 'rescued' by a phalanx of cops with batons drawn (he had been 'attacked' by some silence, some stern looks, one or two peanuts and a stray fag-butt - and pressed his panic-button, resulting in 15 coppers bursting into a busy City-pub, much to the amazement of the vast majority of blissfully unaware punters) stuck his finger under Mr O'Shea's nose and warned gravely.... 'Live and learn Gary, live and learn'...

I 've never been quite able to work out if he meant that he now regarded the situation as 'personal' between them, or if he was insinuating the full force of the State would now be used to avenge the peanut that had bounced off his head... but I remember the response vividly...

a furrowing of the brow, a fore-fingered push back of the specs... then the strained silence was broken by a bemused O'Shea asking "Is that supposed to intimidate me, you dopey cunt?"

Special Branch/Searchlies threats... same response I would imagine.

obviously not going to be out for the 4th (and no nothing to do with the gossip floating about), it's just the tedium of laying it out properly - it is a massive book, proof reading and the various bit and bobs (spelling, confirmation of dates and photo captions etc).

It's at the printers now and we should have books back for the anarchist bookfair.

obviously not going to be out for the 4th (and no nothing to do with the gossip floating about), it's just the tedium of laying it out properly - it is a massive book, proof reading and the various bit and bobs (spelling, confirmation of dates and photo captions etc).

It's at the printers now and we should have books back for the anarchist bookfair.

Good stuff. This will be the second book I have bought in 25 years of attending the bookfairs. The other was Morris's book about the 43 group.

is the type size gonna be readable for blind cunts like me?

Good stuff. This will be the second book I have bought in 25 years of attending the bookfairs. The other was Morris's book about the 43 group.

i got that off the forums favourite bookseller Black Hand. There were a few loose pages, i may join your vendetta. Not a bad read though

I think there must be some kind of connection between saying the word cunt and having 'detective' in your name.

love-detective, this refers to a poster (who is indeed a cunt) called detective-boy who a liberally sprinkles his posts with the word 'cunt'

Finally - in our hands!

IMG_2412-2.jpg

pretty much buyable/borrowable now Liam/CR - an initial/preliminary batch arrived today from the printers, Freedom are doing their launch thing with it at the bootsale at the weekend but they'll pretty much have it for sale from their shop/site in the next day or so i would have thought

as well as freedom distributing it we'll have our own batch of stock for other distribution outlets/channels - plus for the AFA launch/social etc...

pretty much buyable/borrowable now Liam/CR - an initial/preliminary batch arrived today from the printers, Freedom are doing their launch thing with it at the bootsale at the weekend but they'll pretty much have it for sale from their shop/site in the next day or so i would have thought

as well as freedom distributing it we'll have our own batch of stock for other distribution outlets/channels - plus for the AFA launch/social etc...

Excellent news. I look forward to picking up a copy on Saturday at the bookfair and sitting unsociable like reading away....

Back
Top Bottom