Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC - Owen Jones

Depends on the level and the type of fraud, no? Are you OK with professional scamsters rinsing tens of thousands of pounds out of the system through multiple accounts/IDs?
Honestly? Given how small the overall amount lost to fraud is, the the sums involved must be tiny so I really don't care about it no.

Depends on the level and the type of fraud, no? Are you OK with professional scamsters rinsing tens of thousands of pounds out of the system through multiple accounts/IDs?

Thing is, the fuckwits have signally failed to "police" organised fraud for at least the last 2 decades, so scammers with multiple claims are a very small percentage of those that get prosecuted, as are conning bastard landlords who fuck over Housing Benefit. More than 90% of "fraud" that's prosecuted by the DWP is individual small-time fraud or (about half the time) error.

me, I'd love to see resources put into closing down professional benefit scamming, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for anyone to do anything, 'cos they won't.

MPs and peers defrauding the public purse via their expenses, abusing their positions of authority and trust, get a year or two but poor people get up to a decade? Stinks a bit doesnt it.

MPs and peers defrauding the public purse via their expenses, abusing their positions of authority and trust, get a year or two but poor people get up to a decade? Stinks a bit doesnt it.

If they're particularly egregious in their fraud they get "a year or two". More often, they got (and get) a slapped wrist, a nod and a wink. :mad:

Ok, i'm sure posting this will be like pulling the tiger's tail here, and I get why people are pissed off at his attitude in the twitter stuff above.

But if I'm honest, I don't get why he gets so much hate from others on the left. Not trying to be a dick, I'm honestly curious. Didn't he stick it to IDS on Question Time (and qutie probably why the dark lord has yet to make a reappearance.

Yes, I am that naive I suppose.

He is on Free Speech tonight(BBC3), interesting to see how he goes down with the youth...

Oh my, Jacob Rees Mogg is on as well, lions den....

Last edited:
Jacob Rees the human Mogadon - and friend of racists!

Fucking Bath wankers voting him in. I hate the South West sometimes.

Nice of the BBC to put rapper Logic on that programme, can't wait for him to expand on the anti-freemason/illuminati conspiracy keeping us all down

Back
Top Bottom