Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC - Owen Jones

Is Jones no longer popular here? Not surprising. I saw him at an impeccably progressive shindig the other day conspiring with Nigel Lawson, thick as thieves, like respectful grandson and doting grandfather, like Frodo and Gandalf. I thought at the time: he's probably going to lose the P&P constituency with his sleb antics and general ubiquity.

He sounds like an "Old Labour" government already:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/30/glastonbury-views-from-leftfield

"But the problem is there is a democratic deficit and there are elements of free-market dogma – such as the privatisation of public services – that are enshrined in those treaties. So I'd want to renegotiate those elements."

Renegotiate those elements - what does he think this all is? Renewing his home insurance?

He sounds like an "Old Labour" government already:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/30/glastonbury-views-from-leftfield

"But the problem is there is a democratic deficit and there are elements of free-market dogma – such as the privatisation of public services – that are enshrined in those treaties. So I'd want to renegotiate those elements."

Renegotiate those elements - what does he think this all is? Renewing his home insurance?

'So I'd want to...

Meanwhile his article in The Independent on Labour's current failings is illustrated with a red flag at half mast. What an utter plum.

Well if he didn't indicate surprise then the premise of all his articles would seem ridiculous...

We can take the piss - but short of abolishing the society of the spectacle, it remains a relatively good thing that he has something of a platform to challenge the demonisation of benefits claimants and the ideological justifications around it.

We can take the piss - but short of abolishing the society of the spectacle, it remains a relatively good thing that he has something of a platform to challenge the demonisation of benefits claimants and the ideological justifications around it.

Oh shut up. One misused allusion + a pompous claim followed by a wrong one. Nice one.

1 VOTE 4 LABOUR = 1 LIKE FOR ENDING DEMONISATION OF BENEFIT CLAIMANTS

Get fucked you chummy twat.
They don't like it up 'em!
8201700.jpg

Back
Top Bottom