Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC - Owen Jones

Are DPAC still going as advertised smoked?

Hear from our speakers from DPAC, BARAC and PCS and discuss how we can challenge and oppose these attacks on our welfare system.

John Rees looking dynamic. Do they submit their own pics?

john-rees.jpg

DPAC definitely not involved in organising and still going as individuals rather than formally as a group - latest news is that no-one will be turned away if they haven't got the money to get in, DPAC now being consulted on access but seems to be a problem with number of wheelchairs allowed in the building, sounds a right farce

DPAC definitely not involved in organising and still going as individuals rather than formally as a group - latest news is that no-one will be turned away if they haven't got the money to get in

Not on the website yet, but perhaps they recognise they can't fill the venue they've hired.

Not on the website yet, but perhaps they recognise they can't fill the venue they've hired.

dont think its that, they've been laying on marquees to cope with numbers, think they are panicking because they've been using DPAC's name in the build up to this without their consent. I'm not sure they will tell people its free now if you tell them youre skint on the website, think thats a last minute concession in response to criticism that they'd rather not shout about

obv am reading between the lines a bit

BNOC2seCcAAUOxe.jpg:large

reading twitter, they don't seem to have many volunteers, etc for the now predicted 4'000 registered punters, plus loads who will just turn up.

is that mark steel in the white shirt?

oh my god. you have to fucking PAY to go to this people's assembly bollocks?

some people are more worthy of assembly than others, it would seem. Owen Jones and other revolutionary leaders, for example.

fuck me, rarely does some "that sounds meh" leftie scheme turn out to be miles beyond the shitness you initially envisaged, but this would be it. no wander DPAC wants rid, what a tarnishing image.

They've said this morning a pathetic and very late no one turned away for lack of funds - the day before the thing. Bit late for those already not going because of the tenner or whatever it is. And give the very very wealthy backers of the call out. I think 30 grand was all these people needed to fork out to get rid of the entrance fee.

its 4 quid for unemployed, less than people throw in the bucket for 'free parties'

Plus travel plus accommodation/food/childcare/time off work. It shouldn't cost a single penny. And wouldn't have had if the original signers had forked up the 30 grand hire cost. As they very easily could. Or not hired such an expensive venue in order to 'make a mark'.

I still have no idea what this People's Assembly is about or for really, the impression I get is that it's a front to get people angry about austerity to vote for Labour?

yeah, i've been wondering that myself. none of the fb updates i've received from them have shed any light on it. so i've concluded that it's hot air and voting labour.

it will be all hot air and about 75% vote Labour and praise Len

It def won't be 'vote labour' at all - it'll be go away and build community resistance that implicit involves voting labour - never openly expresssed. This will be all about posing as challenging labour. What won't be mentioned is they mean challenging labour to do better as labour. Not getting rid of labour.

Owen Jones @OwenJones84 14m
Always been baffled by a (small) minority on the left who seem to actively want any major attempt to push their ideas to fail

Oh Owen, if only you weren't saying that because we've all noticed how pathetic The People's Assembly is.

It will though because the anti-Labour lot and the pro-Labour lot will spend far more time than they should debating the merits of voting Labour than discussing the building of actual community self organisation.

And it will be the anti's fault as well.

Quote possibly - but no one up there will openly say vote labour. Not even Owen

Back
Top Bottom