Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"Banks create money out of nothing" - Guardian

It was a specific response to Dwyers claim that it was impossible for Jazzzzzz to be a racist or fascist because he was Jewish. Thats clearly a nonsense. The fact that there were Jewish fascists doesnt mean Jazzzz is one, but it does mean that his Jewishness doesnt preclude the fact. Dont see what's at all embartassing about that - except for Dwyer.

TBF, you only need say "Jabotinsky" to show dwyer's claim up for shite.

The inflation due to banks "making money out of nothing" has happened.
Property prices trebled in less than ten years.
The money was not handed out in wage rises.
It was in easy credit huge mortgages for the greedy who wanted to join in the get rich quick
money for nothing property bandwagon.
Brits on the whole still believe that this is right and proper,
but it has crippled the banks and the spending power of everyone paying high rents and mortagages to live in tiny boxes as a consequence.
If your rent has inflated it doesn't matter that a pint of milk is still the same.
You are lashing out more money to pay interest on the magic money that someone borrowed to buy an overpriced asset.

He doesn't appear unwell to me. Even if he is, that doesn't necessarily mean racist views should go unchallenged. Being unwell (if he is) does not give one carte blanche to behave however one likes.

He hasn't specifically said anything racist. He has linked to some bonkers sites, where there is a regurgitation of old, anti-semitic, conspiracy stuff, but he hasn't ever said that he subscribes to all opinions on sites he links to.

It seems odd that you are all fixated with tagging him as a racist, rather than the two alternative, and more logical channels, of either challenging the nonsense he does actually say, or ignoring him. Just popping up on every single Jazz thread with the same agenda of "outing" him as a racist is fucking stupid and immensly tedious to behold.

We've had years of trying to deal with his "arguments". If he doesn't want to be called a racist he should stop linking to racist sites. If what he says is true he should be able to find support from less objectionable sources. He can't, or won't, which speaks volumes. It's really not that hard to grasp.

Is it any real suprise that sites that deal with fantastical conspiracies would also draw from that deep well of xenophobia which resides in all of us? Go back through history and you'll see that racism is the oldest conspiracy theory on the planet:

"I swear the amount of theiving has increased since those strange people who speak differently and eat proscribed foods turned up".

He hasn't specifically said anything racist. He has linked to some bonkers sites, where there is a regurgitation of old, anti-semitic, conspiracy stuff, but he hasn't ever said that he subscribes to all opinions on sites he links to.

It seems odd that you are all fixated with tagging him as a racist, rather than the two alternative, and more logical channels, of either challenging the nonsense he does actually say, or ignoring him. Just popping up on every single Jazz thread with the same agenda of "outing" him as a racist is fucking stupid and immensly tedious to behold.
Yes he has, he has argued that this piece and the arguments it makes (an example below) are not anti-semitic.

The "God" that Serves Elite Jews

Jewish leaders use anti Semitism to manipulate Jews who are taught they are reviled for no reason. The real reasons for anti Semitism are hidden.
(My bold - That 'real reason' then being revealed as the horrible behaviour of the jews themselves).

@ Idaho - He has specifically said racist things and has specifically promoted racist propaganda. The fact that you want to deny this speaks volumes about you.

Is it any real suprise that sites that deal with fantastical conspiracies would also draw from that deep well of xenophobia which resides in all of us? Go back through history and you'll see that racism is the oldest conspiracy theory on the planet:

"I swear the amount of theiving has increased since those strange people who speak differently and eat proscribed foods turned up".
Talking about stupid...

Real functional racism and loon stuff - is there a link? Was there a link in the first three decades of the last century in central europe? Yes, there was as it goes.

@ Idaho - He has specifically said racist things and has specifically promoted racist propaganda. The fact that you want to deny this speaks volumes about you.

:D

Yes, you got me. I am racist. I hate Jews. And most of all I have found the perfect vector for spreading my hate - a thread on urban about lizard men.

Classic witch-hunt tactic btw. I like it. Someone objects to the way you are hunting for witches is a sign that they are a witch. Bring on the revolution eh? We'd all be against the wall for daring to speak up.

Yes, you got me. I am racist. I hate Jews. And most of all I have found the perfect vector for spreading my hate - a thread on urban about lizard men.

Classic witch-hunt tactic btw. I like it. Someone objects to the way you are hunting for witches is a sign that they are a witch. Bring on the revolution eh? We'd all be against the wall for daring to speak up.
I thought he was suggesting hand-washing and rather slack arguments on your part rather than fascism.

Yes he has, he has argued that this piece and the arguments it makes (an example below) are not anti-semitic.

The "God" that Serves Elite Jews

(My bold - That 'real reason' then being revealed as the horrible behaviour of the jews themselves).

You see I would rank that article as stupid first, and racist later. The EDL I would turn the other way round. The EDL are potentially dangerous. The people who come up with this article are just odd balls.

I wasn't accusing you of being racist you dick. I'm accusing you of being politically naive and stupid. A useful idiot.

You see I would rank that article as stupid first, and racist later. The EDL I would turn the other way round. The EDL are potentially dangerous. The people who come up with this article are just odd balls.
I don't care what you think about the racist article - i care about what jazzz thinks about it. And he doesn't think it's racist or anti-semitic and defended its arguments. You said he had never ever done this and made it one of your reasons for not calling him out on stuff like this. Now that you know that he has then surely your position must alter?

I don't see any reason why you have to resort to insults. What's the point? The thread just started to turn interesting and you have to be unpleasant.

It's the internet. How many years have you been on these boards? As many as me probably. And do you ever convince anyone of anything? No. Neither do I. The most you can do is have an interesting or, even better, entertaining discussion. I'm not going to start insulting you unless you came out with something really offensive. Why would I? Why did you?

If you still cling to the idea that this is some kind of medium of persuasion, then urban will be a very bitter and dissapointing experience.

I don't see any reason why you have to resort to insults. What's the point? The thread just started to turn interesting and you have to be unpleasant.

It's the internet. How many years have you been on these boards? As many as me probably. And do you ever convince anyone of anything? No. Neither do I. The most you can do is have an interesting or, even better, entertaining discussion. I'm not going to start insulting you unless you came out with something really offensive. Why would I? Why did you?

If you still cling to the idea that this is some kind of medium of persuasion, then urban will be a very bitter and dissapointing experience.
So why are you trying to persuade me that you're right? Have some self awareness ffs.

I don't care what you think about the racist article - i care about what jazzz thinks about it. And he doesn't think it's racist or anti-semitic and defended its arguments. You said he had never ever done this and made it one of your reasons for not calling him out on stuff like this. Now that you know that he has then surely your position must alter?

I don't really follow the Jazzz threads very thoroughly. Perhaps I might browse through 1 in 5. Usually the vaccination ones interest me. So my apologies for missing anything significant. And yes, I would concede that supporting that article, and claiming it isn't racist is certainly worthy of challenging.

My overall position is that Jazzz doesn't think that he is a racist. All the racists I have ever met, or come across, (at least the serious ones) have always been fairly proud of being racists. In Jazzz's case, he believes such a wide and incoherant babble of different nonsense, I think that any racism is incidental, rather than a central tenet. He doesn't want to be seen as racist, and doesn't self identify as such.

We could go round on this point for a while.

I'm not trying to persuade you. I'm just trying to have an enjoyable discussion instead of doing work.
For someone who's not trying to persuade anyone of anything, you're putting an awful lot of effort and emotional expression into your posts.

You see I would rank that article as stupid first, and racist later.

It rather depends on your perspective, though.
Myself, I see it as anti-Semitic and stupid from the off.

The EDL I would turn the other way round. The EDL are potentially dangerous. The people who come up with this article are just odd balls.

Again, that depends on perspective. Let's have a little "what if...".

What if these anti-Jewish tropes become popular in central Europe again?
Although I'm being disingenuous here. They're already becoming popular again, due to the depradations of capitalism, so even countries like Poland, with an almost non-existent Jewish population, rings to the sound of Church and government denouncing the Zionist international-banking lizard-Jews.

I don't really follow the Jazzz threads very thoroughly. Perhaps I might browse through 1 in 5. Usually the vaccination ones interest me. So my apologies for missing anything significant. And yes, I would concede that supporting that article, and claiming it isn't racist is certainly worthy of challenging.

My overall position is that Jazzz doesn't think that he is a racist. All the racists I have ever met, or come across, (at least the serious ones) have always been fairly proud of being racists. In Jazzz's case, he believes such a wide and incoherant babble of different nonsense, I think that any racism is incidental, rather than a central tenet. He doesn't want to be seen as racist, and doesn't self identify as such.

We could go round on this point for a while.

So you've never met any of the multitudes of racists who preface their prejudices with "I'm not racist, but..."? How very lucky you've been!

I guess one of the reasons this shit gets on my nerves so much is that it completely ruined any chance of Occupy Birmingham doing anything useful. Instead it was overrun with conspiraloons, of which there is some crossover with the EDL.

So you've never met any of the multitudes of racists who preface their prejudices with "I'm not racist, but..."? How very lucky you've been!

Yes I did think of that when I posted. I suppose that is the other end of the racist spectrum. You have some people who are racist, and believe themselves to be racist. Then you have those who express racist sentiments, and deny being racist.

Of this latter group, you then have two further branches. Those who's racist sentiments are derived from their version of "common sense". ie. those who think that their country is overcrowded, that they don't like seeing foreign writing around, that they fear their culture is under threat. Let's call them EDL sympathisers. Then you have the whacked out conspiraloons who will, quite frankly, believe any old shit. And as such have been fertile ground for the cyclical revival of the protocols of zion nonsense.

Yes, if you want to call them all racists, then let's do that. But I think they come from different places.

I guess one of the reasons this shit gets on my nerves so much is that it completely ruined any chance of Occupy Birmingham doing anything useful. Instead it was overrun with conspiraloons, of which there is some crossover with the EDL.

It's a tricky lie. Trying to convince the world that there is a capitalist conspiracy, but trying to dissuade them from going too mental on the whole conspiracy thing. Humans are hardwired to find patterns in things.

They really don't y'know. It's just a new take on the old ZOG stuff.

EDL are semi-literate working class, and usually quite "sociable" in their politics. The ZOG lot are weirdos who live with their grandparents and never leave the house.

For someone who's not trying to persuade anyone of anything, you're putting an awful lot of effort and emotional expression into your posts.

This is my expression when I typed my posts:

michael-bolton-said-i-loved-youbut-i-lied.jpg

It's a tricky lie. Trying to convince the world that there is a capitalist conspiracy, but trying to dissuade them from going too mental on the whole conspiracy thing. Humans are hardwired to find patterns in things.
Capitalist conspiracy? Is there? What's that?

EDL are semi-literate working class, and usually quite "sociable" in their politics. The ZOG lot are weirdos who live with their grandparents and never leave the house.
You know fuck all about it, that's obvious.

Back
Top Bottom