Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arsenal FC Season 2017/18 - FA Cup Holders - The Road To Europa League Glory

BfADqk9.gif

Oh gawd. Arsenal to a tee - lots of attacking enterprise, some (intermittently) beautiful stuff - and ridiculous, schoolboy defending. Even after taking into account the absence of kosher, mert and mustafi, (and, umm, if he's good enough to be sub, why not start the man) that was simply dreadful at the back.
Hold on to your seats people, it's gonna be a rocky ride:eek:

That was, all things considered, the worst performance I have seen from any Arsenal team during the whole of Wenger's time.
The defending was simply shocking, ditto the midfield in their defensive duties.
They made mistakes that got hammered out of teams I played in when I was 15.
He's got to go - there's no way those problems can be fixed otherwise

That was, all things considered, the worst performance I have seen from any Arsenal team during the whole of Wenger's time.
The defending was simply shocking, ditto the midfield in their defensive duties.
They made mistakes that got hammered out of teams I played in when I was 15.
He's got to go - there's no way those problems can be fixed otherwise
becoming persuaded of that myself. always been a great fan of wenger but it's not fair to anyone, including him - perhaps especially him, to let this continue.

echoes of gg's final season :(

Joking aside I really liked Wenger as a manager, he was always a decent sort.
i like him. which is what makes the current atrocious standard of play all the more lamentable. i want to see him do well, i know he can do well, i know he has the players to do well, i know he has done well in the past. there may be things going on behind the scenes of which we know nothing. but unless something changes in the results over the next few games then with very great regret i think he'll have to leave. it's not just the results, as Streathamite says it's the way there are 11 players on the pitch but no team.

Back
Top Bottom