Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arsenal FC Season 2017/18 - FA Cup Holders - The Road To Europa League Glory

they've been on the slide. right. all the way down to sixth spot this season. what an awful slide that is. what a bunch of spoilt twats who doubtless won't show any patience to emery.

Emery has nothing to do with it, he hasn't managed a game yet, I wish him well, from what I've read he seems a good fit, I'm glad of the change...so far, and very much looking forward to the new season. The slide from top 4 to 6th is bad when you consider they were top 4 for 20+years and it was allowed to happen when it was obviously happening season after season. The defense Wenger inherited he never replaced and the midfield of Vieira and Petit were never replaced. I understood at the time there were financial issues due to the new stadium build and that was fair enough, but they passed that issue a good few seasons ago. More should have been done, either by Wenger or the board to have stayed in top 4. It's not a disaster, but it's harder to get back in than stay in as it may be difficult to attract better players.

If you're content with any Prem league position, that's up to you, personally I want Arsenal to win every single game they play...that's obviously unreasonable but I can't help it, I'm a fan and they're the team I support so I want to see them win first, and if they're playing entertaining football whilst winning, that's a bonus.

Emery has nothing to do with it, he hasn't managed a game yet, I wish him well, from what I've read he seems a good fit, I'm glad of the change...so far, and very much looking forward to the new season. The slide from top 4 to 6th is bad when you consider they were top 4 for 20+years and it was allowed to happen when it was obviously happening season after season. The defense Wenger inherited he never replaced and the midfield of Vieira and Petit were never replaced. I understood at the time there were financial issues due to the new stadium build and that was fair enough, but they passed that issue a good few seasons ago. More should have been done, either by Wenger or the board to have stayed in top 4. It's not a disaster, but it's harder to get back in than stay in as it may be difficult to attract better players.

If you're content with any Prem league position, that's up to you, personally I want Arsenal to win every single game they play...that's obviously unreasonable but I can't help it, I'm a fan and they're the team I support so I want to see them win first, and if they're playing entertaining football whilst winning, that's a bonus.
i'd like every season to be like 2003/4. but it's not going to happen. every team goes through good times and bad, tho the height of the goodness and the depth of the bad vary - and a descent from 20+ years in the top four to sixth isn't really the sort of thing i would account a calamitous season, although for the terminally entitled it might seem so. a bad season's george graham's last, finishing 12th iirc. as for emery, you've entirely misunderstood what i was saying.

I would suggest, like most clubs do, Fabinho has been watched by Liverpol for some time. It wasn't all done in a few hours. It would be easier to sign a player from south America compared to what Lyon were paying Lacazzette.

Last edited:
According to the back pages of some tabloid no doubt. The tweet implies that it only took a few hours, when in reality they probably have ben scouting and watching him for ages.
yeh, it's not like someone in a football club goes 'oh it's friday let's get a new player' in the same casual way you might go 'oh it's friday, let's go out and get pizza'.

not to mention clubs' alleged interest in players is more often than not so in future they can say 'we told you first'.

According to the back pages of some tabloid no doubt. The tweet implies that it only took a few hours, when in reality they probably have ben scouting and watching him for ages.
In reality yes but it would make it a shite joke. :thumbs:

Klopp said he has a lovely family, which implies it took longer than it seems. And you don't lay down forty million for a player it only just occurred to you to sign.

*Hides Panini sticker of Andy Carroll in red*
never leave mr ski in charge of a football club on a friday with £40m lying about, you might find it all gone and a new player signed by saturday

Back
Top Bottom