Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arsenal FC Season 2017/18 - FA Cup Holders - The Road To Europa League Glory

Well generally speaking I'm happier with someone coming in who has actually managed a club with some European experience, while Arteta sounded good and I'm sure he's doing a great job but he hasn't actually been the 'manager'.

What doesn't sound good is a £50M budget for new players, that's a paltry sum these days.
i think the plan's to bring some players up from the per mertesacker academy

Talksport last night were mentioning it sounds as if Arsenal are putting all their eggs into the 'Lets get into the CL by winning the Europa League' basket. Emery has won it with Sevilla. Seems a little.......hopeful. I've got an idea, how about the ridiculously rich shareholders duck a dividend payment for one season and put the money into spending some proper money on the club.

Talksport last night were mentioning it sounds as if Arsenal are putting all their eggs into the 'Lets get into the CL by winning the Europa League' basket. Emery has won it with Sevilla. Seems a little.......hopeful. I've got an idea, how about the ridiculously rich shareholders duck a dividend payment for one season and put the money into spending some proper money on the club.
arsenal don't pay dividends.

Emery can be an abrasive character but you can expect some smooth finishes once he's got to work.
He's definitely high grade.

I don't get the Arsenal fans moaning about Emery. He's one of the top managerial talents in Europe and his last job was Paris St Germain. But some of you seem to want Arteta instead who has never managed a club?

Wenger was there for 22 years, those are not easy shoes to fill. Emery's got a better chance than bloody Arteta.

He's definitely high grade.

I don't get the Arsenal fans moaning about Emery. He's one of the top managerial talents in Europe and his last job was Paris St Germain. But some of you seem to want Arteta instead who has never managed a club?

Wenger was there for 22 years, those are not easy shoes to fill. Emery's got a better chance than bloody Arteta.
after going to watch arsenal, even when we've won, i've noticed a high percentage of fans like nothing more than a good moan. a moan is of course fair enough after a 5-0 or indeed 6-1 drubbing. but not so much after a 2-0 or 3-1 victory. and seeing as some arsenal fans moaned about our best ever manager for years at a time it's no surprise the nay-sayers have the knife out for emery already.

Let's see some commitment to some footballing success rather than lining pockets of owners then.
yeh cos obvs arsenal haven't been for the last decade :facepalm: this has been our worst season in 22 years in terms of league performance. There's at least 90 other league clubs would like to be able to say that, that would give their eye teeth to have such a record.

yeh cos obvs arsenal haven't been for the last decade :facepalm: this has been our worst season in 22 years in terms of league performance. There's at least 90 other league clubs would like to be able to say that, that would give their eye teeth to have such a record.

Come on dude, they've been on the slide for 5+ years and you know it. They relied on Wenger's magic keeping us in the CL for years and when that finally ran out and the fans started staying away he had to go. FA Cups have been great but they've been sliding down the table.

Hopefully Emery will get more out of existing players but they need to spend to get top 4.

Come on dude, they've been on the slide for 5+ years and you know it. They relied on Wenger's magic keeping us in the CL for years and when that finally ran out and the fans started staying away he had to go. FA Cups have been great but they've been sliding down the table.

Hopefully Emery will get more out of existing players but they need to spend to get top 4.
they've been on the slide. right. all the way down to sixth spot this season. what an awful slide that is. what a bunch of spoilt twats who doubtless won't show any patience to emery.

they've been on the slide. right. all the way down to sixth spot this season. what an awful slide that is. what a bunch of spoilt twats who doubtless won't show any patience to emery.

It was Gazidis himself that stated the club was in a position to compete with the likes of Bayern Munich et al, so by his own standards, it's very much a slide.

Back
Top Bottom