Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

guy was a dumb ass. If he wanted to support there are many charity organisations desperate for funds. He could have used his wealth as a surgeon to provide financial support to these charities. No. He wanted to be a hero. Left his son and wife behind and now look what has happened. Idiot.

Not really...
My friend help run a charity and they actively take turns to drive truck loads of medical aid/ supplies into Syria twice/ three times a year. They met Abbas on the boarder and i remember her mourning his death last year - before they realise he was still alive.

Nothing about wanting to be a hero.
Some people feel honored in helping children and civilians caught in Assad's destruction of his own people and country.

GTFoutta here and take those rose tinted glasses off will ya.

One of the most (by Middle East Standard) moderate and liberal countries in the Arab world now ravaged by Jihadist scum and you think it''s all Assad! Like I said: GTFoutta here with this stupidness.
Not moderate & liberal in how the regime brutally crushes all dissent. If it was, this nightmare wouldn't be happening. And don't forget the Shia jihadist scum.

Not moderate & liberal in how the regime brutally crushes all dissent. If it was, this nightmare wouldn't be happening. And don't forget the Shia jihadist scum.

I take it you mean Hizbollah. I think you need to do your research in terms of who the beheaders are, let us know how many Shiites you can find posting themselves sa2ing off peoples heads on the internet.

Its sad that this doctor became a victim of the brutality of this civil war but the fact is that there are hundreds of thousands of stories just like this, happening to Syrians and perpetrated by armed forces across the board. You won't find any stori3s like this in the west about people who think the Syrian state needs to be reformed but the rebels need to be resisted if there is to be a Syria at all. This doctors face is being used as a wepon like any other that comes to hand. I doubt he reserved his skills only to help anti Assad people tbf.

I've watched a proud and stable country being reduced to rubble by gangs of foreign terrorists, funded by the USA, UK and France, all done probably to placate Israel. I've watched hundreds of thousands of Syrian citizens being killed and displaced in a regime-change attempt by the West. All-in-all, a sordid and murderous piece of propaganda-driven realpolitik.

Now you want my heart to suddenly start bleeding because of one UK citizen who has fallen victim to the carnage? Who was there in suspicious circumstances? Get a grip!

The destruction of the cities in Syria, most of which are built with heavy masonry or concrete, could only be carried through large-scale use of heavy artillery and aerial bombing, which only Assad's regime has. It has been enabled through large-scale logistical support and supply from Russia and Iran.

The west doesn't really care, in fact many are happy to see the country getting destroyed. If it were as committed to overthrowing Assad as Russia and Iran have been committed to propping the regime, the revolution would have succeeded years ago.

GTFoutta here and take those rose tinted glasses off will ya.

One of the most (by Middle East Standard) moderate and liberal countries in the Arab world now ravaged by Jihadist scum and you think it''s all Assad! Like I said: GTFoutta here with this stupidness.

Even before the revolution started in Syria, the Assad regime had more blood on its hands than just about any other arab regime, going back to the destruction of large parts of the city of Hama in 1982. The city center was encircled by military units and bombed for weeks with heavy artillery. Tens of thousands of its residents were massacred and obliterated in the rubble, those that tried to escape were shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Hama_massacre#Reference-Fisk-2010

"Moderate" indeed.

Even before the revolution started in Syria, the Assad regime had more blood on its hands than just about any other arab regime.

where the fuck where u when saddam launched the iran-iraq war? when he used chemical weapons on iranians and kurds?

you dumb ass.

where the fuck where u when saddam launched the iran-iraq war? when he used chemical weapons on iranians and kurds?

you dumb ass.

Halabja's massacre by Saddam, as horrific as it was, is much smaller in scale than Hama, where Assad's forces killed nearly ten times as many civilians (30,000 vs ~4,000). Hama is one of the largest cities in Syria, while Halabja is a village.

PS - No need to resort to crass personal insults, they only underline the weakness of your argument.

The destruction of the cities in Syria, most of which are built with heavy masonry or concrete, could only be carried through large-scale use of heavy artillery and aerial bombing, which only Assad's regime has. It has been enabled through large-scale logistical support and supply from Russia and Iran.

The west doesn't really care, in fact many are happy to see the country getting destroyed. If it were as committed to overthrowing Assad as Russia and Iran have been committed to propping the regime, the revolution would have succeeded years ago.

If the Syrian people were so committed then the revolution would have succeeded years ago.

Not committed enough to survive aerial bombardment and heavy artillery killing them in their tens of thousands.

Most of the dead have been government troops and pro-government militia...

http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/09/18/...yria-have-not-been-committed-by-assad-forces/

Of the civilians caught between, most probably wished they could go back to the lives they had before war, not because they loved Assad but because they were alive and so were loved-ones.

Sorry if that jars with your Star Wars rebel alliance narrative and everything.

This grim account is not the Syrian civil war that U.S. policymakers and pundits reference when proposing and debating military intervention options. You will not hear senators assert that Syrian rebels have “massacred” over 45,000 Syrian regime or paramilitary forces.

This is not to excuse the Assad regime’s innumerable war crimes and massacres, but it is important to point out how fallacious statistical references and sweeping exaggerations are employed to help pave the way towards war.

Last edited:
its the syrian people continually joining their countries army to fight this war. They arent martians . The Syrian Arab Army has been revitalised by it, not demoralised.

Conscription. If they don't join up they get tortured or their family are intimidated. Many choose to flee the country. Poor bastards.

40,000 civilians dead. 2.3 million refugees. Disgusting.

Yes, huge chunks of the Syrian population gouged out by tthis war, many 'pro Assad'... most just wishing they could go back to before war and not have a war after all. Back we when they had lives and loved ones had life. But the West finds war useful, and we mustn't let down the jolly jihadi adventurers of course.

I take it you mean Hizbollah. I think you need to do your research in terms of who the beheaders are, let us know how many Shiites you can find posting themselves sa2ing off peoples heads on the internet.

The Al Manar tv website has a big Happy Christmas banner on it, with bells and stuff . And Hezbollah delegations and spokespersons visting various christian bishops and issuing brotherly christmas messages to all Christians across the entire region . They arent remotely comparable to the scum who are massacring christians accross the entire region .

Saudis just given lebannise army £3billon as a chrissy present nothing like throwing petrol on a fire:(

Assad is a bastard
The jihadis are possibly even worse

The SOHR are now complaining theyre being targetted by the islamists . They seem to have incurred Allahs wrath by confirming the Syrian Arab Armys accounts of a major ambush that left up to 100 militants wiped out and many more captured in a single engagement .
The SAA have also evacuated the bulk of the civilian population of Adra after repeated jihadist massacres there of various minorities . Some absolute horror stories emerging of what went on there .

:(:(

Thoughts and Prays with the good people of South Beirut who are in the midst of Jihadist aggression. May these terrorists and their Saudi financiers burn in the hottest corner of hellfire.

Lad I know who's an ex-squaddie and still keeps in contact with people styill in his old regiment/the army just mentioned that "So, despite statements to the opposite, I have been reliably informed this morning that British troops will be deploying to Syria next month for a 3 month tour! Afghanistan Mk II?"

How true/vague that is we'll only see soon I guess.

Back
Top Bottom