Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Turkiye and Russia agreed again for ceasefire. There was also a ceasefire but it was violated by Syrian regime countless time. I think it wont take too long for them to violate it again and we will probably shot them much harder this time. Does not look like they took some lessons from losing their more than 3000 soldiers in last 1 week.

Last edited:

A bit about how covid-19 is likely to affect Syria as well as how the war and the government's fuckery past and present isn't going to help matters.

Not seen as many pkk supporters out and about since the car-bomb in Afrin earlier this week. The one in a market that killed at least 40 civilians, 11 of them kids.

Saw this initailly yesterday evening on Twitter:

There is what appears to be informed speculation that this has been triggered by the Russians leaning on Assad. Read thread:

Not seen as many pkk supporters out and about since the car-bomb in Afrin earlier this week. The one in a market that killed at least 40 civilians, 11 of them kids.
Genuine question butchersapron. The YPG and all associated bodies deny involvement in this. They blame either the Turkish army or factions within the jihadist groups. I know that they might say that if it was an attack that went badly wrong, but they might also say it if it were true. How do you know who is telling the truth in a situation where we know everyone is capable of inventing, distorting or ignoring the truth?

Genuine question butchersapron. The YPG and all associated bodies deny involvement in this. They blame either the Turkish army or factions within the jihadist groups. I know that they might say that if it was an attack that went badly wrong, but they might also say it if it were true. How do you know who is telling the truth in a situation where we know everyone is capable of inventing, distorting or ignoring the truth?
The PKK play games with this sort of thing in Turkey. It wasn't us it was that group over there. Ignore the fact they're also us.

The PKK play games with this sort of thing in Turkey. It wasn't us it was that group over there. Ignore the fact they're also us.
Yeah, but that still doesn’t answer the question. All the different sides in these various confrontations also do the same. It doesn’t mean there’s proof of who did what, or why. If you think back to the conflict in Northern Ireland there were at times links between the Provos, the Officials, the INLA etc but also differences, as well as the involvement of loyalist paramilitaries and the British moles/spies/agents provocateurs. This situation in Syria is even more complicated. All I am asking is how you can be so sure?

Yeah, but that still doesn’t answer the question. All the different sides in these various confrontations also do the same. It doesn’t mean there’s proof of who did what, or why. If you think back to the conflict in Northern Ireland there were at times links between the Provos, the Officials, the INLA etc but also differences, as well as the involvement of loyalist paramilitaries and the British moles/spies/agents provocateurs. This situation in Syria is even more complicated. All I am asking is how you can be so sure?
I'm not but it wouldn't be inconsistent.

I'm not but it wouldn't be inconsistent.
Maybe, maybe not. Because you could often say the same thing about events in Turkey in the past. There certainly have been atrocities carried out by ISIS or perhaps the Turkish state which were blamed on the PKK.

By the by, it’s easy to equate the PKK with the YPG as if the whole thing was a homogeneous, hierarchical, authoritarian structure, when it isn’t.

Maybe, maybe not. Because you could often say the same thing about events in Turkey in the past. There certainly have been atrocities carried out by ISIS or perhaps the Turkish state which were blamed on the PKK.

By the by, it’s easy to equate the PKK with the YPG as if the whole thing was a homogeneous, hierarchical, authoritarian structure, when it isn’t.

Authoritarian in this context is pretty meaningless but look at any westerner reports of how the organisation functions and you'll see that they have not wholly transcended their marxist-leninist roots, instead adapted to some form of social democracy that refashioned the new Kurdish man and downplays the class struggle. Like Maoists before them they focus on the national contradiction above all else and seek to conquer political representation.

This is doubly ironic given that last year they were eagerly backing the anti-Arab rottenous CHP-Iyi party coalition, and now Akşener is calling them terrorists.

But then, when Stalinism has no peasantry left to industrialise, it just ideologically disintegrates and goes back to defending the existing democratic order, as seen worldwide and many old US left relics becoming Bernie stanners. So again, Authoritarian seems pretty meaningless to me in this context.

Note: not that it matters one bit, but I am Kurdish, for what it's worth.

You are an ill-informed bullshit merchant. Do you even know who the 'Ceasar' referred to in the name of the act is? Do you deny the documented war crimes and human rights abuses perpetrated by the Syrian regime?

Back
Top Bottom