Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anarchist Bookfair 2013 October 19th

I am now laughing:

What can be done about Anarchism? This was my first experience of anarchists outside of my close knit activist group. I am hoping we are the majority and we can eliminate the patriarchal fucks intent on maintaining power and control structures otherwise I am seriously going to have to rethink my identity.

Talk about undermining all that bollocks about identity - the historical side of it which is very powerful- - and turning it intoconsumer choice, and once you make your choice you have statutory rights. These people.

I made my excuses and left.

_56641082_jex_1230142_de27-1.jpg

The crowd around us got bigger, comrades very much on our side and the others, men who seemed utterly heartbroken (pissed off) that we were chanting “kill all men”.

mid 80's redux, thank god I missed that bit and am not involved in anything now, pity the young comrades having to cope with this rubbish

btw, wonder what the women who chanted the same in the 80's are doing now?

Last edited:
What can be done about Anarchism? This was my first experience of anarchists outside of my close knit activist group.

Bizarre, how long has she been around?, if its not long, some humility is in order.

It certainly had a very studenty vibe and was quite different to the last one I went to at Conway Hall. The Culture Shock gig was good though.

what about the benefit workshops, well attended, etc?

not packed, but pretty decent attendance and some new faces. not much can be achieved really in an hour, but good to meet some folk from other places and some good new ideas emerging. none of the shit that people are discussing on twitter, didnt see any of that but then I only went to the two welfare workshops and then was in the pub

i didn't run into anyone except steph and my flatmate, i wasn't there for very long tho tbf. some of the talks looked interesting but i wasnt sure i could sitthrough the whole thing so just went to wetherspoons

i bought a paper off the SPGB though, i told them that i'd met some of their the comrades at an ICCC meeting and then they said "oh were you the one who did the blog about the icc meeting" :oops: i was

ah, the wonders of google alert. ;)

“Your culture,” he spat, “has invaded my culture for the last 800 years!” I must admit, I was a little confused by this. I might be British by birth but it certainly wasn’t my choice

In the same piece where she explains that there is no problem with chanting "Kill All Men".

I've been reading radical feminists rants about Trans this morning and whilst they are absolute tosh, they do at least have the benefit of logical consistency.

Last edited:
“Your culture,” he spat, “has invaded my culture for the last 800 years!” I must admit, I was a little confused by this. I might be British by birth but it certainly wasn’t my choice
I think that your problem is that you're trying to use cones to do the job of rods.

Back
Top Bottom