Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

I would speculate that you knew very well from the context that my admonition referred to specific speculation, and not to speculation in general.
yes, i knew it referred to speculation about the matter in hand. but no one's shown any real inclination to say it was alex salmond in the stationery cupboard with an intern or other similar imaginary things.

What no "he's guilty" posts, people here must be fans of his, the usual Urban75 response to a politico being arrested would be hang him, bang him up!

I guess the Robert Muller investigation is more far reaching than I thought :) lock him up.

Will he be the first Scottish politician to fall foul of the "me too" campaign?

What no "he's guilty" posts, people here must be fans of his, the usual Urban75 response to a politico being arrested would be hang him, bang him up!

I guess the Robert Muller investigation is more far reaching than I thought :) lock him up.

Will he be the first Scottish politician to fall foul of the "me too" campaign?
the usual hang hims and bang him ups don't actually have anything to do with a belief in a politician's guilt or otherwise but an antipathy to politicians. now salmond's no longer an mp the demand for his blood has abated somewhat

It wouldnt be speculation to recognise that the SNP is rent top to bottom by this matter and that this will have an impact of significance upon the next general election. Labour in Scotland will be keeping an eye on developments?
labour in scotland will be keeping an eye on developments

the usual hang hims and bang him ups don't actually have anything to do with a belief in a politician's guilt or otherwise but an antipathy to politicians. now salmond's no longer an mp the demand for his blood has abated somewhat
Interesting, it would seem you are saying that when someone is no longer a politician the antipathy towards them wanes, how long before I start seeing posts about Thatcher claiming "she wasn't really that bad" ;)

Salmond and his ilk are just a bunch of Nationalists whose main political policy was thrown out by the people of Scotland and now all they are doing is fucking up the country for future generations. Just another bunch of opportunist cunts

Interesting, it would seem you are saying that when someone is no longer a politician the antipathy towards them wanes, how long before I start seeing posts about Thatcher claiming "she wasn't really that bad" ;)

Salmond and his ilk are just a bunch of Nationalists whose main political policy was thrown out by the people of Scotland and now all they are doing is fucking up the country for future generations. Just another bunch of opportunist cunts
i'm not saying it's waned as a general thing, i'm saying that in this case it may have done. of course people may turn up calling for his head later on and prove me wrong

It wouldnt be speculation to recognise that the SNP is rent top to bottom by this matter and that this will have an impact of significance upon the next general election. Labour in Scotland will be keeping an eye on developments?
Yes it's already affecting the SNP. This is in the background to some of the criticism Sturgeon is getting with the party about the her position on the UK leaving the EU.

Scottish politics is needing a reboot which will install a new kernel on the hard drive which has a strong bias towards a vibrant social class perspective.

Gee, what can be said about this, other than the point we reach on similar threads:

1. It's important to believe victims and accusers, unless there is compelling evidence to think otherwise.
  2. That doesn't mean he's automatically guilty or indeed that there should be a bias towards thinking him guilty.
  3. Hope he gets a fair trial - and I hope his accusers get a fair crack.
  4. Criminal trials have a different threshold for proving guilt than either civil cases (or indeed just the issue of whether somebody did something).
  5. Without getting into the specifics of his case, there's almost no point in saying anything beyond this kind of generalisation.
I've almost certainly won the Unnecessary Post of The Day Award with that. Would there be a cash prize...

Back
Top Bottom