Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

I mean.... i do not know if there is any truth in this... but ... do you guys dress goats up and ... ..well ...you know ? :D

330px-Baphomet.png

I mean... is it consensual ? And don`t give me any of that `you can tell my the look in their little eyes... it is allmost like they know what is going on ` crap :hmm:

There's tons of the buggers on here Ralph. There's probably more masons post here than there are genuine anarchists.

Details published of Alex Salmond sexual harassment claim
A newspaper has published details of one of the complaints of sexual harassment made against Alex Salmond. The Daily Record claims to have seen the wording of an allegation by a Scottish government staff member. She alleges the former first minister touched her bottom and breasts through her clothing while she was alone with him at Bute House, the paper reports.
Mr Salmond strenuously denies the claims and insists he has never sexually harassed anyone. He has described the claims as "patently ridiculous" and said he is taking the Scottish government to court to contest the complaints process activated against him.
Strenuous denial is one thing but to describe the claims as 'patently ridiculous' is out of order, IMO. It should be clear to everyone by now that claims of sexual misconduct against men in positions of power are anything but ridiculous and need to be fully and scrupulously investigated

Details published of Alex Salmond sexual harassment claim

Strenuous denial is one thing but to describe the claims as 'patently ridiculous' is out of order, IMO. It should be clear to everyone by now that claims of sexual misconduct against men in positions of power are anything but ridiculous and need to be fully and scrupulously investigated
Yes, he may of course be innocent, but it's hardly unimaginable. Whether or not he did as alleged, it's not "patently ridiculous".

Both conservative and Labour are dependent upon the SNP vote being punctured. i would not be unhappy to see Labour fortunes rise in inverse proportion to diminishing SNP popularity, however, on reflection, it does seem far fetched to think that this incident might impact negatively on SNP electoral fortunes. That said, as an internationalist who was persuaded to become a Scottish independence voter, im pretty disappointed to realise that Salmond might not know how to prevent his hands straying. Fucking bourgeoise politicians..

Both conservative and Labour are dependent upon the SNP vote being punctured. i would not be unhappy to see Labour fortunes rise in inverse proportion to diminishing SNP popularity, however, on reflection, it does seem far fetched to think that this incident might impact negatively on SNP electoral fortunes
Yes, indeed. It's not as if he's even a sitting MP or MSP. No seat to lose.

There's an Occam's razor to apply here: what's more likely? A woman makes a complaint like this because she is part of a wider plot to discredit a political figure? Or because she feels she has grounds to make a complaint? I'm not sure why people tend to leap to the former before the latter. (Well, I am actually, but that's a longer story).

It will be fascinating watching events unfold. No more Question Time appearances..? Will he keep the Russia Today slot..?
Alex's voice was an articulate one for radical reform and causes :(

Yes, indeed. It's not as if he's even a sitting MP or MSP. No seat to lose.

There's an Occam's razor to apply here: what's more likely? A woman makes a complaint like this because she is part of a wider plot to discredit a political figure? Or because she feels she has grounds to make a complaint? I'm not sure why people tend to leap to the former before the latter. (Well, I am actually, but that's a longer story).

Salmond isn't really a political figure anymore. He doesn't seem to be involved in Scottish politics, and the RT gig has outraged a lot of people.

I find the shock and disbelief poured here and in response to other accusations profoundly depressing.

Every poster on urban knows at least one man who has abused women. Most of us will know more than one. Possibly many more. A significant minirity of active urban posters have abused, harrassed or assaulted women at some point in the past.

You don't know who they are. You are no better judge of character than the women they abused. If you are sitting there thinking "not MY friends" you are (a) a man and (b) wrong.

Please stop reacting to this kind of story with "he doesn't (or does) seem the type"... you have no way of knowing.

I find the shock and disbelief poured here and in response to other accusations profoundly depressing.

Every poster on urban knows at least one man who has abused women. Most of us will know more than one. Possibly many more. A significant minirity of active urban posters have abused, harrassed or assaulted women at some point in the past.

You don't know who they are. You are no better judge of character than the women they abused. If you are sitting there thinking "not MY friends" you are (a) a man and (b) wrong.

Please stop reacting to this kind of story with "he doesn't (or does) seem the type"... you have no way of knowing.

I don't see everyone reacting that way, spanglechick. Perhaps some are disappointed with his alleged behaviour impacting on the cause for Scottish independence and they can't quite get their heads around the concept. I hope any investigation into the matter will be done proper and if he has done wrong, justice will be served. Whatever his politics - it shouldn't come into it when such allegations surface.

i think butchersapron is quite correct. Just re-read the thread and it appears quite well balanced, with only Sas' reacting in disbelief that Salmond might be an harasser. my concern related to a sense of disappointment because a noted voice of dissent has maybe sullied every dissenting voice. i felt the same over the Sheridan situation, although of course that was far more serious in terms of proportion and damage to the left.

It seems that there are still an abundance of blokes who need to get it into their heads that their dicks cannot be an appropriate guide for behaviour towards women. Full stop.

i think butchersapron is quite correct. Just re-read the thread and it appears quite well balanced, with only Sas' reacting in disbelief that Salmond might be an harasser. my concern related to a sense of disappointment because a noted voice of dissent has maybe sullied every dissenting voice. i felt the same over the Sheridan situation, although of course that was far more serious in terms of proportion and damage to the left.

It seems that there are still an abundance of blokes who need to get it into their heads that their dicks cannot be an appropriate guide for behaviour towards women. Full stop.

Pardon? It is one hell of a jump from giving someone the benefit of being innocent until proved otherwise, and condoning inappropriate behaviour towards anyone.

Salmond has just resigned from the SNP, which isn't totally unexpected I guess.

Also:

Cheeky fucker.

With the fortune he must be sitting on, he should fund his own legal expenses, as If he's so sure of winning, he'll get them paid back anyway.

Pardon? It is one hell of a jump from giving someone the benefit of being innocent until proved otherwise, and condoning inappropriate behaviour towards anyone.

What i said was: "with only Sas' reacting in disbelief that Salmond might be an harasser"..
Not that you were guilty of "condoning inappropriate behaviour towards anyone".

Salmond's proved to be a money grubbing shit. This crowd funding thing just reinforcs that. Hope the mugs that funded him get the same as those idiots that backed Assange, a lost bet. Now he playing the victim, too sickening.

Salmond wins sexual harassment inquiry case

"Alex Salmond wins sexual harassment inquiry case

The Scottish government acted unlawfully while investigating sexual harassment claims against Alex Salmond, a judge has ruled.

Allegations against the former first minister, which he denies, were made to the Scottish government a year ago.

The government has now admitted it breached its own guidelines by appointing an investigating officer who had "prior involvement" in the case.

As a result, it conceded defeat in its legal fight with Mr Salmond.

Mr Salmond's case focused entirely on the fairness of the government's procedures and will have no bearing on a separate police inquiry into the allegations, which is still ongoing."

Back
Top Bottom