Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

Sometimes for the ski instructors, sometimes the tambourines, other times the lettuce - how would I know the whole country is gong to shit unless I came here for updates on the real world.

Sometimes for the ski instructors, sometimes the tambourines, other times the lettuce - how would I know the whole country is gong to shit unless I came here for updates on the real world.

Doesn't explain your grudge against urban.

How many years have you been nursing it for?

tell you who is a massive Lying Remoaner, its the woman at the checkout in my tescos yesterday, when i asked her about the empty shelves. She could have just said don't be silly there's no issue here. She must have been reading the guardian.

tell you who is a massive Lying Remoaner, its the woman at the checkout in my tescos yesterday, when i asked her about the empty shelves. She could have just said don't be silly there's no issue here. She must have been reading the guardian.

Well, what did she actually say?

Yep, it's so ... massive.. I saw on twitter, drivers are doing 30-hour shifts and wiping out entire families on the M40. The country is ruined. Thanks Brexit.

Yep, it's so ... massive.. I saw on twitter, drivers are doing 30-hour shifts and wiping out entire families on the M40. The country is ruined. Thanks Brexit.
Who are you even talking to, weirdo.
There are empty shelves that's all. Nobody is starving, it's not a catastrophe just an inconvenience. It's not very mysterious, European lorry drivers are choosing to work elsewhere, where they have the covid hassle but not the double hassle of that & customs checks.

What the fuck has any of that got to do with this thread? There is, in fact, a driver shortage. Like bimble says though, it's more just an inconvenience and hardly apocalyptic. No doubt in time there will be more drivers hired locally to make up for the shortfall.

This shitty sarcasm of yours would be obnoxious enough coming from a long-term regular, but as you're a fucking nobody here you just come across like a twat.

Tesco turnover last year was fifty three billion pounds. They can afford to pay drivers better, they have got used to maximising profits by paying shit wages to drivers that are not enough for a U.K. driver to live on, due to Brexit and Covid the imported drivers they exploited are no longer available for them so they need to take the hit and pay proper wages. Expect we shall see more of this, profits for greedy bastard companies taking a slight dent, wages rising for workers. End of days.

I think i've noticed a pattern to where the gaps on the shelves tend to be over the past month or so. I think mostly its the stuff thats' least profit margin per square meter / volume, apart from there's plenty of loo roll thank fuck for that, that really was the end of days.

This really the sort of shit you want to align yourself with and defend, Spymaster? A parody brexiter as bad as any 'remoaner' we've had on here. Unable to make a coherent argument and only comes on every morning for his daily sneer. At least you make some sort of point when you discuss things.

Do you genuinely think this is going to happen instead of just prices going up so that profits stay the same?

I do think that. Aldi’s shelves are always full when we shop, their profit margins are lower, they have always paid their staff better than the bigger chains, I think there is a connection there. Have not been in Lidl, should do as a new one has opened locally.

“U75 brains trust”. Hmm, I remember a poster, now sadly banned, with a similar abrasive posting style and a penchant for bandying that phrase about by way of abuse, who went by the name of Up the junction. Coincidence…? You decide.

I do think that. Aldi’s shelves are always full when we shop, their profit margins are lower, they have always paid their staff better than the bigger chains, I think there is a connection there. Have not been in Lidl, should do as a new one has opened locally.
hmm. i really don't think that's the way it works but ok. I reckon that the people who run Tescos will raise prices before they tell their CEO & shareholders to take the hit.

hmm. i really dont think thats the way it works but ok. I reckon that the people who run tescos will raise prices before they tell their shareholders to take the hit.

At the most basic level there is a tipping point, if they have no goods to sell they make no money, therefore they have to spend to get the goods on the shelves.

Fuck ‘em anyway, why do people shop in these places when Aldi and Lidl are so much cheaper and treat their staff better?

Tesco turnover last year was fifty three billion pounds. They can afford to pay drivers better, they have got used to maximising profits by paying shit wages to drivers that are not enough for a U.K. driver to live on, due to Brexit and Covid the imported drivers they exploited are no longer available for them so they need to take the hit and pay proper wages. Expect we shall see more of this, profits for greedy bastard companies taking a slight dent, wages rising for workers. End of days.

To be fair to them the covid self isolating app is also a short term factor. My brothers father in law is a lorry driver for one of the biggest distributors to Tesco’s and they’ve had half of the drivers pinged and told to self isolate. On the longer term stuff - wages, T&Cs, paying for HGV licences, accepting lower profit until they can find a way to extract more - I completely agree

Brexiteer trolls always seem so unhappy and angsty.
He's not a troll ! He's just a true brother in arms who will stop at nothing to defend the brexit revolution. He's just in the wrong place, should stick to the daily mail comments section where he might successfully wind people up cos they don't want someone quite that mental on their side.

Back
Top Bottom