Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

He's not a troll ! He's just a true brother in arms who will stop at nothing to defend the brexit revolution. He's just in the wrong place, should stick to the daily mail comments section where he might successfully wind people up cos they don't want someone quite that mental on their side.
I dunno, maybe it's a simplistic naivety on my part, but I expected those who engaged with the winning side of the referendum to be generally happier, more content and satisfied with life outside the supra state. That just doesn't seem to be the case, especially when they use Tory terminology like remoaners for those with every good reason to complain.

Odd.

I dunno, maybe it's a simplistic naivety on my part, but I expected those who engaged with the winning side of the referendum to be generally happier, more content and satisfied with life outside the supra state. That just doesn't seem to be the case, especially when they use Tory terminology like remoaners for those with every good reason to complain.

Odd.
Agree. It is mysterious. is it possible that the anger and resentment that was an important part of getting out the vote was in fact not totally cured by leaving the EU because it wasn't really about the EU in the first place? Who can say.

Fuck ‘em anyway, why do people shop in these places when Aldi and Lidl are so much cheaper and treat their staff better?
Because I don't drive & the only choice is Waitrose & Sainsburys in walking distance. Love Lidl but not really an option without adding £20 in taxi fares.

Tesco turnover last year was fifty three billion pounds. They can afford to pay drivers better, they have got used to maximising profits by paying shit wages to drivers that are not enough for a U.K. driver to live on, due to Brexit and Covid the imported drivers they exploited are no longer available for them so they need to take the hit and pay proper wages. Expect we shall see more of this, profits for greedy bastard companies taking a slight dent, wages rising for workers. End of days.

Sure, most know that. But in this quirky internet backwater they lap up Project Fear like it's fresh, like it isn't 6 years, one referendum and two elections past it's sell by date.

Beyond 30/12/20 "project fear" objectively transformed into "project here"; this is it, this is what you willed.

Sure, most know that. But in this quirky internet backwater they lap up Project Fear like it's fresh, like it isn't 6 years, one referendum and two elections past it's sell by date.
Who are you talking to?
Do you not realise that almost everyone still bothering to post on this silly thread voted leave & is totally on your side?

Let's see what happens to the profits of the big supermarkets & prices in the UK, why anyone thinks the prices of stuff will stay the same & the CEOs and shareholders will pay instead of us is beyond me tbh.
I think its same same weird optimism that brexiteers have had all along. Must be quite nice.

It's going really well anyhow. They signed a brilliant Deal it's just that nobody could have predicted there'd be issues with the whole Northern Ireland bit.

Lord Frost "called for a temporary “standstill” period including the suspension of all legal action by the EU, and the operation of grace periods to allow continued trade of goods ..
The UK also wants to scrap the involvement of EU institutions and the European court of justice in policing and governing the protocol."

What happens next if EU just say no sod off?

This would not end well, baguettes can kill people i read somewhere.
I could work that in but would have to factor in the possibility of a baguette shortage as to create a cliff hanger . Might have to be the last bag of frozen petit pois in all of the U.K. , by now thawing into a sorry puddle of what it once was , that Mr Ski brings in a vain but noble attempt to show that even though people may not agree on some subjects that scarce and treasured food can bring people together .

If there are food shortages, then there are, so I'm not trying to deny it.

But if you'd have put out a call for pictures of empty shelves at any time over the last say ten years, would it have been much different? I don't know the answer, but it's worth wondering.

View attachment 279809

Empty shelves in France

Bit much to scoff at someone on twitter posting a picture from a different country, and then post one from a different year...

View attachment 279809

Empty shelves in France

That might have been my fault. I got a puncture in front of their delivery driver on a narrow road somewhere in France.

Back
Top Bottom