Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

Good job the negative aspects of Brexit only affect the middle class.

EwefAnfWQAQWU9N

My roses haven't bloomed - bloody Brexit!

One of my kids has trodden in dog shit - bloody brexit!

It's raining - bloody brexit!

Artaxerxes the government's long anticipated Integrated Review is out tomorrow - its a (should be) plan for the UK's foreign, trade, diplomatic, development and defence policies and how they should support each other in pursuit of whatever wider objectives the UK sets itself. It will be that that has determined that VSO should take a hit.

It's probably going to be a rather nuanced document, and the departmental reviews that follow it - a week later for Defence - will likely see some chopping and changing of priorities.

'It's the Observer/Guardian.'

isn't an argument.

hth
Well it often is. The point being that everything that hysterical, sub-6th form standard, twonk of a Guardian reporter has guffed-up there has been covered in this and the other threads here in spades. But, it'll give you lot something to get splenetic about so I suppose it's not completely wasted. :)

Last edited:
Well it often is. The point being that everything that hysterical, sub-6th form standard, twonk of a Guardian reporter has guffed-up there has been covered in this and the other threads here in spades. But, it'll give you lot something to get splenetic about so I suppose it's not completely wasted. :)
he is never happier than when he's frothing impotently.

And fuck this shit,

French president Emmanuel Macron : Claimed that the jab was 'quasi-ineffective' among over-65s and said UK had taken a risk with quick approval

German vaccine committee: Was the first EU regulator to limit the jab to younger people, on January 28

Dutch Health Council: Refused to approve the vaccine for over-65s because 'the immune system starts to function less well with increasing age'

Austrian health ministry: Said that 'no confident statements are possible' about efficacy in older people

French minister Clement Beaune : Said there were 'doubts about the efficacy' in over-65s

German newspaper Handelsblatt: Published a sensational but widely-debunked report claiming the jab had just 8% efficacy among older people

Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Spain and Poland: Also refused to approve the vaccine for over-65s

Italy and Belgium: Would not even give it to over-55s

All of this is bullshit based on lies to save face for the EU fucking it up. The U.K. has so far protected 27% of its population from Covid, no EU nation has done 7% yet. People are dying because of this, Czechia has just become the country with the highest death rate in the world. Fuck any cunt who dares defend the EU’s vaccine procurement and rollout.
I bet they are still saving face with all this "causes blood clots" business.

I think they (EU member states) have simply lost confidence in their own vaccination system - it's all gone tits up, they are looking askance at what's happening elsewhere, and they've simply lost confidence in both the specific vaccine and the whole concept that a vaccine will come along, get dished out and all will be back to happyland - and you know what it's like when you lose confidence in a piece of machinery? Every squeak or wobble sounds and feels like a catastrophic failure is seconds away, you flinch at every pothole, you sweat like a pig as the car races up the slip road to join the motorway.

That's it, there's nothing wrong with the AZ, or any other vaccine (still wouldn't have the Russian one though...), but they've simply lost confidence in it, and no one wants to be holding the baby when the next thing goes wrong - and that's the problem, they have convinced themselves that it will go wrong.

I know its one of the few free sites but its virtually become a comfort blanket for some remainers imo

Even stranger is the fact that some remoaners actually seem to want it to be the case that the AZ jab is in trouble or fails, so they can can turn round and shout "SEE? BRITAIN'S NOT DOING WELL AFTER ALL"

Shameful.
Who's this now? :D

First you moan about 'remoaners' quoting the Guardian all the time, and now this. So I checked the Guardian's take on the AZ scare, and they give this comment piece highest prominence on their front page.

There's no proof the Oxford vaccine causes blood clots. So why are people worried? | David Spiegelhalter

You seem a bit confused.

Even stranger is the fact that some remoaners actually seem to want it to be the case that the AZ jab is in trouble or fails, so they can can turn round and shout "SEE? BRITAIN'S NOT DOING SO WELL AFTER ALL"

Shameful.

Shouldn't come as a massive surprise though, one of the remain headbangers on here has been actively wishing power outages on Northern Ireland for a couple of years now.

Who's this now? :D

First you moan about 'remoaners' quoting the Guardian all the time, and now this. So I checked the Guardian's take on the AZ scare, and they give this comment piece highest prominence on their front page.

There's no proof the Oxford vaccine causes blood clots. So why are people worried? | David Spiegelhalter

You seem a bit confused.
Phwoar! 'let's twist the fuck out of what you've posted, get the crowbar out and mangle everything together in a desperate attempt at ... something' :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom