Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

My Radar was a tidgy petite little thing who seemed mostly to be white fluff rather than have any actual weight to him.
Sonic on the other hand looked slender and long but felt like picking up a breezeblock, it was always a bit of a surprise to pick him up and kind of buckle a bit because he was much heavier than he looked - very solid muscular cat (well up until his last bit bless him, but age and illness will do that).

On pet insurance:

We use Petplan, who seem expensive (over £40 a month for two older cats, but TBH that's probably the going rate) but have always paid up pretty quickly.

However, Zoe has hyperthyroidism, and needs regular medication and vet visits. They're only paying this for a year which puzzles me as it wasn't a pre-existing condition when we insured her back in about 2014 or whenever it was. So not too happy with them ATM.

Before that I used Sainsbury's. When I wanted to cancel, as a means of checking ID they asked me what breed Zoe was.

Me: Domestic shorthair?
Them: no
Me: Tortoiseshell?
Me: British shorthair?
Me (getting desperate): Moggie?
Them: no.

I gave up then and told them I only wanted to cancel, not make a claim. Still no idea what breed I could have told them Zoe was. :D

Still no idea what breed I could have told them Zoe was. :D

5p9h5y.jpg

On pet insurance:

We use Petplan, who seem expensive (over £40 a month for two older cats, but TBH that's probably the going rate) but have always paid up pretty quickly.

However, Zoe has hyperthyroidism, and needs regular medication and vet visits. They're only paying this for a year which puzzles me as it wasn't a pre-existing condition when we insured her back in about 2014 or whenever it was. So not too happy with them ATM.

Before that I used Sainsbury's. When I wanted to cancel, as a means of checking ID they asked me what breed Zoe was.

Me: Domestic shorthair?
Me: Tortoiseshell?
Me: British shorthair?
Me (getting desperate): Moggie?
Them: no.

I gave up then and told them I only wanted to cancel, not make a claim. Still no idea what breed I could have told them Zoe was. :D
Mixed?

Didn't try that one, as a complete moggy she's probably very mixed but it's not a word that springs to mind as one I'd use!

It pains me, albeit very trivially, that I'll never know. :D

Nah most cats aren't any breed, let alone more than one - they are just natural cats :D

Back
Top Bottom