Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Oh top tip re. having a new kitten...

Don't play with him with your hands or feet or encourage him to play with you like that - it might be cute now but it soon wears thin if they spend the rest of their lives grabbing and play-biting them to initiate play with you! "Fishing Rod" style toys where your hands are well away from the area of play so aren't associated with the game are good.

Oh top tip re. having a new kitten...

Don't play with him with your hands or feet or encourage him to play with you like that - it might be cute now but it soon wears thin if they spend the rest of their lives grabbing and play-biting them to initiate play with you! "Fishing Rod" style toys where your hands are well away from the area of play so aren't associated with the game are good.
Yes. The fishing rod is a huge hit.

Paddy has sacked off his Amazon envelope bed, so I've thrown it away (possibly prematurely :D).

I got the late black and white cat a new igloo to replace her manky-old cat cave. She seemed to hate it and simply refused to use it. Even her sister didn't pay that much attention, preferring a curl-up open bed instead.

So I chucked it out in the greenhouse and forgot about it.

Some time - weeks/months later, when she was on summer pattern and only occasionally looking-in to the house, I was out in the garden early and something caught my eye - it was her, curled-up happily in the igloo, which was perched on top of a pile of boxes, so snug but with a good view of her territory. She used that igloo, outside for some years, until the light/heat in the greenhouse rotted the fabric and I had to rearrange and replace it with an easier to climb into bed at a lower level due to her advancing age/stiffness in moving about.

Has anyone had a cat they brought pretty much everywhere with them?
I'd love to take him to the seaside next week, but there hasn't been a single car journey of any length ever that wasn't a constant yowl from the back seat. Poor thing does not like to travel at all, so we have to have a complete stranger come to the house to feed and water him.

I opened my back curtains this morning, and saw one of my next door neighbour's cats sitting on the patio. I thought I could click my tongue or kiss my teeth to say hi, but I thought no, that would disturb her rhythm of staring at the garden wall.

Back
Top Bottom