Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

I'm so fed up of being bothered (I'm working from home) by old women (for it is always they) who are concerned about the welfare of next door's moggy.

He sits on my doorstep looking forlorn and pathetic and in need of a vet and a good meal. Why? Because he's ancient. He's FINE. I feed him when he meows (I've agreed this with next door, knowing that they work all day and his appetite isn't on a timer) and he's on about a million different drugs and he's got no teeth so he can't really groom himself so yes, he does look odd because he gets shaved sometimes. But why on earth do people think it requires them to ring my doorbell and tell me that he 'doesn't look very well'? JUST FUCK OFF. I'M BUSY. HE JUST LOOKS LIKE AN OLD CAT.

Seriously, for a cat of nearly twenty, he's awesome. And did I mention that I'm busy?

Marmalade cat is definitely either stray or wild.
Hisses when I am within 10 feet.
I refilled a bowl of water for him about an hour ago.
I went back inside and watched through the window..
He is well able to move and came over and sniffed the water. Kept looking at the front door.. and after 5 mins started drinking..
Then he settled back into a ball under the hedge.
I ventured out again just now and I was looking at him. He was lying there with eyes open. For a moment I thought he was dead. Then as I bent down to pour some more water in the bowl there was a lot of hissing..and glaring... He is 100% stray / wild.
And this time he ran out from under the bush and hissed and ran again....in my direction..
I hightailed it indoors cos he freaked me out a bit.
He is now gone.

Marmalade cat has not returned.
The birds in the garden are very quiet which makes me think Marmalade cat had some impact on them.

I'm so fed up of being bothered (I'm working from home) by old women (for it is always they) who are concerned about the welfare of next door's moggy.

He sits on my doorstep looking forlorn and pathetic and in need of a vet and a good meal. Why? Because he's ancient. He's FINE. I feed him when he meows (I've agreed this with next door, knowing that they work all day and his appetite isn't on a timer) and he's on about a million different drugs and he's got no teeth so he can't really groom himself so yes, he does look odd because he gets shaved sometimes. But why on earth do people think it requires them to ring my doorbell and tell me that he 'doesn't look very well'? JUST FUCK OFF. I'M BUSY. HE JUST LOOKS LIKE AN OLD CAT.

Seriously, for a cat of nearly twenty, he's awesome. And did I mention that I'm busy?

Put a sign up. “The cat is fine, he’s just elderly and is well looked after”.

came back this evening after a couple of days away for work

someone tried to walk off with neighbour kitteh yesterday

:eek:

kitteh was having a serious nap on one of the garden benches (garden here runs alongside a public footpath and a fence that's more decorative than anything else) and he managed to pick her up and set off (he would not have got away with that if she had been a bit more awake)

a posse of neighbours rescued her - bloke in question lives further down the road. from what i can gather, he may not be quite at his best any more, and apparently did have a similar looking cat until a few years ago, and may possibly have been confused rather than malicious

I went to visit my family on Sunday. I've put on a bit of weight in the couple of months I'd last seen them and my mum suggested I should cut out sugar. I joked that shouldn't be a problem as "Lilith's sweeter than all the chocolate in the world!" in an exaggeratedly gooey voice. Mum was like "Ah, that's sick making!" My brother pretended to punch me and asked Mum "Would it be rude to make someone who's come all the way from London eat in the garden?" I told him it would be. ;)

Vivian has got a strange injury on her head.

View attachment 330802

Doesn't really look like a bite, and the fur looks like it's been ripped out in a patch :confused:

Poor love! I'd try to wash it with a bit of saline now, and then a couple of times a day while it is healing if you can, and keep a look out for swelling, redness, heat, pus, or if it starts to smell then vet time, but hopefully it will heal by itself.

Sometimes wish they could tell us what happened, or how painful something is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom