Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Why do cats like the smell of marmite so much?

Just had some marmite on toast and idiot cat was leaning over my plate, sniffing frantically and making little begging whimpering noises.

Twice as bad as when I have just buttered toast. (He is not allowed either).

I'd never picked you as the selfish type.

He's also been such a massive comfort to me since Sonic died.

It's difficult to talk about because it might sound horrible. Sonic chose me when he was little and I was looking for an OSH kitten - he was mine and we were so bonded right from the moment we first met.

Jakey was an older rehome, Sonic's breeder (Jakey is Sonic's nephew) asked if anyone could take him and I thought I had a friend lined up to adopt him but they then backed out, I felt so bad about it that I agreed to take Jakey but I wasn't looking for another cat and didn't really want a 3rd cat.

It was not great for Radar because he and Jakey never got along, and I ended up barring the other cats except Radar from our bedroom so he could have a safe space.
Sonic and Jakey adored one another almost instantly though. Absolutely inseparable.

I loved Jakey like I would love any cat, but I didn't really bond with him until he had surgery when he was about 3 or 4 years old - he had to wear an inflatable collar for 3 weeks and I spent every moment with him making sure he could get on and off of furniture, in and out of the litter tray etc.
I've never felt as close to him as I did the other 2 though - except now he is my only one left and he's been absolutely fucking brilliant and I love him more than ever.

Last edited:
Some sort of disagreement between Chloe and Akiro in the cat prison yard. Maybe Chloe is demanding half of Akiro's food as 'tribute' or protection. Akiro not prepared to accept these terms..

PXL-20220618-234720652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom