Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Last Saturday Manor House Gardens in Lee was busy with a little local festival. One delight was my cousin Jim Russel was drumming for a local Lewisham All Stars band at the event. Another delight was observing fearless Queen of Lee little cat Sadie, unfazed weaving through the throngs.
Anyway this morning in the gardens, X marked the spot where Sadie was rolling and posing in the sunshine.
If you look carefully you see a couple of this year’s cygnets on the water.

07F2CEF0-6BD0-4C1F-B1C5-ED958F60B6BA.jpeg

3FB23592-FD42-41BF-B346-FA139F5D3205.jpeg

9B3F6D8B-E078-4DF3-86E6-58023649011B.jpeg

I'm still obsessed with the blackbirds. These two sets of parents however are a bit smarter than the usual and they really do not fuck about. Every time the poor cat goes in the garden they go nuts, alarm calling and drive bombing her. I think she's actually quite scared of them. The funniest thing is that she argues back, so when they're screaming at her she mutters back, in an irritable way :D She's still definitely desperate to kill them though.

Arsehole
ACD3E08A-93E5-4709-8886-00730129EF75.jpeg

I'm still obsessed with the blackbirds. These two sets of parents however are a bit smarter than the usual and they really do not fuck about. Every time the poor cat goes in the garden they go nuts, alarm calling and drive bombing her. I think she's actually quite scared of them. The funniest thing is that she argues back, so when they're screaming at her she mutters back, in an irritable way :D She's still definitely desperate to kill them though.

Arsehole
View attachment 328168
Kitty doesn't give a fuck!

Arsehole
View attachment 328168

One of the very few times I saw old BD defeated was one day when he pounced on a young/recently fledged Blackbird that had landed in the garden.

Both of its parents descended on him, screeching, swooping and pecking away until he quickly beat a retreat to the safety of the house. They then stood guard between the chick and the house until it was able to get back in the air again! :D

I took a five minute walk to my nearest cornershop at lunchtime today, and spotted about 50% of a pigeon on the grassy area alongside the footpath. There were feathers strewn for about 20 metres leading up to the body, so I don't think we need the CSI team to look into what befell the poor bird.

My daughter feeds and kinda shelters feral cats.

Three of the females gave birth this spring. Two of the females moved into the mud room (room connecting house to back yard) to have their kittens, a third birthed under the shed.

The mother in the shed abandoned the her kittens, and my daughter watched the other two females move kittens into the mud room and start nursing them. (There were two dead kittens in the shed :( )

The female who abandoned her babies keeps trying to enter the mud room to get food. The other females want nothing to do with her, and hiss and spit at her until she leaves.

Main reason for posting this is that I think it is nice to know that the cats stepped up, rescued the kittens and then raised them as their own.

Back
Top Bottom