Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Pet drugs online have completely ballsed up my order for prescription cat food and sent the wrong thing entirely, so not only have they debited £66 from me for goods that I haven't had, I now have to phone round vets on Monday to see if I can get the right food urgently and pay for it again, and try to sort out with pet drugs online about getting the correct goods or a refund (their customer service is closed over the weekend and we'll have run out of food by Monday).

I could really do without the additional expense and the stress!!

Such a dramatic pose with one of his little arms flung out like that :D
He definitely should have been on the stage :D He prances everywhere.

Your cats are adorable. But their size difference is :eek:
Ridiculous, isn't it? Technically they're not related despite being littermates, as Donut was fostered by Viv's mum after being abandoned by his own :( But one of the other two kits in that litter (ie Vivian's actual birth sib) was the absolute spit of Donut, so I suspect there is some giant black ur-tom in the neighbourhood who goes around knocking up all the local females.

I ordered:

1x 3.5kg bag of Royal Canin Early Renal Cat Dry Food
48x 85g pouches of Royal Canin Early Renal Cat Wet Food
Cost of £66

I received:
1x 1.5kg bag of Royal Canin Early Renal Cat Dry Food
2x 400g bags of Royal Canin Renal Select Cat Dry Food

It's the wrong time for this sort of thing to get fucked up, I have emergency funds for Jakey related expenses, but that is intended for vet bills - OH normally pays for food and paid for this order and that and a big leccy bill wiped him out this week - at least I can afford to get some more cat food (assuming I can find some to buy on Monday) but having that money gone while the incorrect order is sorted out does of course have an impact and is quite stressful, so I am really really fucked off with the fuckup.

Jakey of course is blissfully unaware about any of this:

20220604_180946.jpg

EDIT: What a terrible photo, that was "pro" mode on my phone ffs, I need to see if my digital camera still works.

Also we do have enough dry food to last, but he is going to pester me to within an inch of my life on Monday if he doesn't get his wet din-dins, he'll be an insufferable food pest and then sulk :D (and of course I want more than anything for him to be happy in his dotage). I might only give him half a pouch of wet tomorrow so I have half a pouch for him Monday just in case I can't get any until Tuesday! He isn't very good at judging quantities, as long as some arrives at the appointed time he'll be happy :D

Last edited:
He should really retire in my view. Terrible. Social media really wasn't kind to him today.
He should have retired some time ago. However, if I was in his place and people were still buying tickets... I saw the Stones a couple of years back, Jagger still has it, so does Elton.

Rod Stewart hasn't been great for a long time.
True story. We were in the audience before Covid for a show he was appearing in. He threw his arms about mid song. Only for his bracelet to fly off his arm.
Watching all his staff scrabbling around hunting for it was better than watching his performance. Took them quite some time to find it. 😂

Rogue moving close to Chloe for a bit of a nap. Chloe always the cushion for her younger siblings.

PXL-20220605-192626774.jpg

PXL-20220605-192630078.jpg

PXL-20220605-192541936.jpg

Been away for 3 nights and had someone we know who loves cats and lives close by to feed and check on them
Kizzy was not happy when we got back! Running away, scowling and ducking strokes, all fine about 15 mins later :D
Misty was curled up on pillow as took duvet

Ugh I just waited on hold for 20 minutes to pet drugs online only for someone to answer and say everyone is busy at the moment and they'll get someone to call me back.

Jakey was on my lap and thought I was talking to him and started waahing loudly so I and the person on the other end of the line were having to repeat ourselves over him loudly chatting to me. :rolleyes: I did explain that "sorry, the cat thinks I am talking to him" and we had a good laugh about it :D

One of the best things about OSH (although there are many best things!) is the back and forth conversations you have with them :)

Last edited:
Ugh I just waited on hold for 20 minutes to pet drugs online only for someone to answer and say everyone is busy at the moment and they'll get someone to call me back.

Jakey was on my lap and thought I was talking to him and started waahing loudly so I and the person on the other end of the line were having to repeat ourselves over him loudly chatting to me. :rolleyes: I did explain that "sorry, the cat thinks I am talking to him" and we had a good laugh about it :D

One of the best things about OSH (although there are many best things!) is the back and forth conversations you have with them :)
That's a really sweet anecdote despite the inconvenience.

I've now spoken to customer service, they have assured me they will sort it out - arrange for the incorrect delivery to be collected and the correct one to be sent.
I'll still have to nip up the vets tomorrow for an emergency box of the correct food to tide us over til it's sorted, but I now feel reassured that we haven't just pissed £60+ up the wall and that we are going to get the correct food order - just might take a few days to sort.
Phew!

I'd always been of the opinion that tummy-tickles were the Marmite of the feline world: around half are happy to have their midriffs worshiped appropriately; whereas the other half treated it as a trap for hand mauling.

I think there's a third group, based on a couple of cats I've met recently. They roll onto their side, inviting the tickle, but when it's administered they get back on their feet, as if they're ashamed of the guilty pleasure.

Typically when cats roll onto their back it is apparently an invitation to stroke their head/face/chin rather than their tummy, we just misinterpret it. So possibly going in for a tummy rub is a bit of a surprise to some cats!

Back
Top Bottom